Chapter 5

A few days had passed after that meeting with the other trolls. Poppy and Branch continued to visit Aria every morning and night and she seemed to get more comfortable with them day by day. Poppy wanted to introduce Aria to the rest of the tribes, including her dad. To show that Lost Trolls weren't dangerous. To show that Aria wasn't dangerous. And maybe bring the last tribe of trolls together with the others?

Poppy had been discussing with Branch about inviting Aria to the big party tonight but to her surprise, Branch didn't seem so convinced. He knew what it was like to be an outcast and be afraid around other people, thinking they wouldn't understand your ways. He may know very little about Aria and her tribe but he understood her and should be grateful that she trusts him and Poppy.

Poppy and Branch reached the clearing and found Aria sitting with her back against the tree and Echo flying around her head.

"Hey Ari!" Poppy greeted.

"Hey guys!" Aria greeted back. Poppy dug around in her hair to find something and pulled out a small basket of fruits.

"I brought you these, I thought you'd like them more than the candy." Poppy handed the basket to Aria. "They're from the market. I went yesterday."

"Wow! Thank you!" Aria smiled gratefully. Poppy gave Branch a look, as if telling him that she was going to ask Aria about the party. Branch gave her doubtful look.

"So Ari..." Poppy started, Aria looked at them attentively. "There's a huge party of all the troll tribes tonight, and me and Branch..." Branch gave her a dry look. "Okay just me. I was wondering if you would like to come." Aria's face dropped and she gave a sigh.

"Guys, I appreciate how you want to include me but..." Aria paused. "I-I just can't...our tribes are just too different."

"But Ari, it's our differences that make the world a richer pl-" Poppy was cut off.

"No!" Ari blurted. "You don't understand."

"Look Aria, I know what it's like to feel different from everyone else," Branch said. "But you're never gonna be rid of the feeling until you try." Poppy looked at Branch, feeling bad for what he had gone through. Branch then held Poppy's hand. "And you've got us to help you." Aria looked at the two trolls with tears in her eyes.

"Guys, you really don't understand." Aria sniffed. "I just....I-I...I can't!" She ran away from the trolls.

"Ari wait!" Poppy tried to stop her but Branch grabbed her shoulder. Echo looked over at Poppy and Branch before flying over to comfort Aria.

"We should go." Branch said, glumly. Poppy sighed as she looked at the direction that Aria ran off. She slowly nodded, agreeing with Branch.

***

In the center of Pop village, the party was just about to start and trolls from all six tribes were already starting to arrive. Branch was walking around trying to find Poppy, he felt so bad about Aria and he couldn't imagine how Poppy felt. All she wanted was to help Aria open up and unite the trolls. ALL the trolls. She only wanted to do good. Branch spotted Poppy sitting glumly on one of the colorful mushrooms near the village center. He walked over to her to see if she was okay.

"Poppy?" Branch said to her. Poppy looked at him with sad eyes. He climbed up onto the mushroom and sat beside her.

"It was my fault she got upset." Poppy sighed, she brought her head to her hands and groaned. "I feel like the worst friend ever." Branch put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek.

"You're not the worst friend Poppy." Branch assured. "You were willing to give Aria a chance to open up and supported her no matter what." Poppy looked at Branch and he held her hands in his. "Just like how you never gave up on me when I was gray." Poppy smiled at Branch and brought him in for a hug.