Chapter 4

The castle was filled with cobwebs. It was old too, so once in a while one could notice the moss growing around. Shadousutōkā really didn't care much about how old this place was; as long as he had a good base, it worked out for him. 

I have to sneak away, but this place is way too creepy! She shivered. 

"This place is creepy," Mizuki spoke up. 

"Can't disagree with that," Akinori mumbled.

"Let's just focus on our mission," Raiden cut in despite the fear that was in his tone. She could sense it. "We need to beat that rotten egg," 

The silence that followed was awkward, but then Keisuke snickered. 

Laughter was contagious, so soon everyone was laughing, even the stone-faced Ryū cracked a smile. 

Shika felt a bit of relief. At least they were loosening up now. 

They were entering the dragon's den, though, so she told herself to be careful and wary. After all, who knew what could pop up- 

Suddenly, Touma grabbed Natsume and ducked from an arrow that whizzed by thanks to his interference, thus embedding itself into the stone wall behind the two. 

"T-Touma!" She gasped. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

What happened afterwards was like a flash. Out of nowhere, without any warning, Natsume was kicked back and Touma was pulled back to have a knife aimed at his neck. 

"You really took your time, you know?" 

Shika's eyes widened. She knew that voice! 

Ryū hissed, eyes narrowing as he called him out, 

"TADASHI!"