Chapter 9

Daniela had not seen Azazel in church and felt certain relief from having him make her question her beliefs. He was not entitled to make her change her opinion on anything, but she had to endure his, according to her, pointless sermons. She felt the necessity to tell him off, but something inside of her wouldn't allow her to speak up. She wanted to believe it was sheer fear of what he was, but she didn't want to admit that it was her own consciousness that wanted to listen.

She left her church feeling at ease and happy after being reminded that today was International Women's Day. She strolled off to a nearby café to have breakfast and was greeted and congratulated again. She sat down outside and barely got to bite into her croissant before she heard Azazel ask her a question.

"Why is it that they celebrate this day?"

"It's to celebrate women's equal rights! Don't you know that?"

"Of course, but was it so difficult to obtain those rights in the first place?"

Santos simply took a sip of her coffee and didn't answer the question.

"It's unfortunate how there is still sexism around the world."

"Your point is?"

"You have to learn to work together. This world was not meant for mankind to strive alone."

"Some people do well by themselves and don't need anyone."

"On the contrary. In a material world where people are willing to give up their souls for status, it's kind of sad. I talking about the power of God itself, the ability to have the universe at your own whim."

Santos gave him a strange look.

"Understand that there are certain rules that mankind must comply with if they wish to excel. One such is the unity between couples and that is because the power of love is quite an extraordinary thing."

"How is that?"

"When you combine love with sex, it allows you to open the doors to infinite intelligence, and that allows you to do anything in this world. However, the desire for sex is the most powerful influence there is in this world and therefore, many people refuse to learn what love is, and that is what really separates the decayed from the divine."

"But isn't mankind susceptible to earthly desires?"

"If you truly love, you cannot lust."

"Some people are unlucky in love. They end up heartbroken or in a divorce. In fact, some people go through life without it. So, how can you say that we to be in love in order to find this infinite intelligence when it is simply impossible for many of us?"

"Many are confused with what love really is. Some think it only has to do with sex and of course that is selfish. Others think that love has to do with receiving the appreciation of those who will never give it to them, such as with children seeking the approval from neglectful parents who grow up seeking the same thing from their partners. Those are usually the ones who say that there is no such thing as love, and that men, or women are all the same! It is unfortunate that almost everyone has never learned to love and they have even forgotten how to love themselves, believing that it is the love of another that will make them happy and they wander aimlessly, desiring that affection so much. However, love is not about receiving, but rather giving. When you love, you don't expect anything in return and there's nothing to regret if you have given the best of yourself. When you bestow love, you become a beacon of energy who will attract those of the same energy. A lighthouse of love, shall we say!"

Daniela gave him a vague look, "I think you are just full of it!"

"Love will never be absent if you know how to love."