Karate lessons from the cat's dad

Kira's POV
"HIYA" I scream while kicking my foot in the air. It's been about a few week since my mom was kidnapped, so I've been trying to learn some martial arts on my own. I know Kyo said he would teach me, but I don't want to bother him with something like that. I kept on punching and kicking the air until I saw a figure swiftly jump into my window.

What is that I thought. Then I felt someone's shadow behind me, and I quickly turned around and punched it as hard as I could. But instead of the thing getting punched, I felt a hand catching it. I open my eyes and see Kyo. "What are you doing" asked Kyo. "Training" I say while turning around to continue my punches.

"Get dressed" he says "Why" "Because I'm taking you somewhere where we can really train you." And then he left my room. I quickly got dressed in something that I could fight with, and went down stairs to be met with Kyo. Then we went outside and started walking.

"Where are we going" "We're going to my dad's dojo" he says. He must be talking about the Shishou person mom told me about. Apparently Kyo's dad hated him, and Shishou took him in. We soon reached the place, and I was amazed at how big it was. Then a man with long brown hair came outside, and looked surprised to see us.

"Kyo it's been a while; how are you doing my son?" "I'm okay....but I came her to ask if you could teach Kira how to probably do Martial Arts" he says while pointing at me. "I walk forward and say, "Hello my name is Kira, and if you wouldn't mind would you please teach me some karate moves."

"I will, but first you have to tell me your reason for learning. "You see my mother was kidnapped a few week ago, and if I want to save her I need to become stronger." "Alright" he says "Come inside." The three of us went inside, and I saw many kids training, with a man with black and white hair.

The man noticed me and asked, "Who's the squirt." Even though that irritated me, I kept quite because I didn't want to start anything with anyone. "Haru" says Shishou "This is Kira, and she will be learning karate with us." He nodded, and kept practicing. "Master is Kira working with Haru or you" asks Kyo. "She's working with me" he says, and the three of us goes into a different room.

He started to train me. Shishou taught me different kind of techniques. (I don't know any karate techniques and I really don't want to search it up so time skip)

Time skip 30 minutes

I was drenched in sweat, and on the floor huffing very loudly. "Good job Kira, i have to say I'm very impressed." Says Shishou"Thank you Shishou" I say. He looked shocked and then he started to laugh. "What's wrong" I ask "Should I not call you that" "No it fine" he says "I mean as long as Kyo is fine with it." "Why wouldn't I be" he says while looking away embarrassed.

"Okay now there is only one thing left for us to do" said Shishou "We have to test your skills". "How do we do that" asked Kyo. "Kira will have to fight one of the students in the other room" "WHAT" me and Kyo screamed. "She can't do that yet; she's not strong enough." Said Kyo, and I became furious. But not at Shishou, it was at Kyo.

"What do you mean I'm not strong enough. I bet I can knock out the person with one swing." I protest. "Yeah right; more like that'll happen to you." "Alright then" He say, "Let's make a bet. If I win you have to do my laundry for a week."
"And if I win...um" then I remember something Shigure told me. He told me that there was an amusement park around here.

"If I win you have to take me to an a amusement park." "Deal" he says. Shishou quickly goes to pick me an a opponent, and soon a kid comes in. We wasn't really big, but he wasn't small either. He has a smirk on his face, but that didn't scare me. And we both went into our fighting stances. Then the fight began.

(I'm not good at fighting scenes so I'm just going to say that Kira won the match)

"Yes I did i" I scream while jumping in the air. I looked at Kyo and smirked, "Ha I told you I'd win. Now you have to take me to the Amusement Park." "Fine" he says, "We'll go tomorrow." While leaving the dojo. "Bye Shishou" I say while waving to him and walking out the dojo.

I trail behind Kyo, and soon reach him. Then I see his hand, just out there in my reach. "Hey Kyo" "Yeah" "Can I hold your hand" I ask. "What...why" he says kinda shocked. "Well I've always wanted to do that with my father, but since he isn't he-" he cut me off by holding my hand.

"It's fine I don't mind, just don't tell Yuki or Shigure cause then I won't hear the end of it." I nodded and then we walked home.