The Flood~ Part 1

Alex stood back admiring their handy work, it wasn't too bad considering either of them knew what they were doing. Although he did feel bad as it was him that broke it in the first place, a moment of sheer anger resulted in him kicking at the sink, hurting his foot in the process. He knew that Norma would have to get a professional in and that would cost her money she didn't really have. He decided that he would try and surprise her by getting a plumber out first, before she had a chance to do it herself. He walked back into the bedroom where he seen Norma standing there trying to mop up some of the water that had spilled out onto the carpet,

'eesh, sorry Norma, what a mess, i didn't realise the water had flooded into the bedroom'

He felt really bad now, Norma looked upset and it killed him to know that he had caused that. They hadn't really been on speaking terms prior to this little fiasco, no change there to how they normally acted around each other. He had hoped they would have gotten past the awkwardness by now, but Norma seemed reluctant to let him in again, especially after that night. He'd since tried hard to approach her, small kind gestures here and there but she seemed to rebuff them which frustrated him to no end. He just wanted this crazy unhinged woman to listen to him and let her god damn concrete walls down.

Despite her crappy attitude towards him he couldn't stop glancing at her blouse, of course she had to wear white today he thought, today of all days. Obviously he knew she hadn't planned that but it was painful for him to ignore her light pink bra showing through the soaking wet shirt, her nipples erect, showing through her bra and a button that had popped open during their little water adventure. He gulped hard, and willed himself to be respectful and look into her eyes and not at her cleavage and hard nipples.

Norma was too angry and oblivious to Alex staring at her, she stared glared at Alex, she was still pissed off with him despite the laughter they had at trying to stop the gushing water coming from the pipes. It was like she had forgotten she was mad at him and just lived in the moment, two people fumbling about bickering at what to do and laughing at the water spurting in all directions, soaking them both in the process. But as soon as she had composed herself she was back to being cold towards him,

'It's fine.'

Alex could tell the tension in her voice, oh boy she was still angry at him, Alex felt frustrated as he felt that he had the old Norma back for a little while whilst they tried to sort the pipe but now she was putting up walls again. His face fell and he felt a sense of sadness in his heart.

Norma saw Alex's face change, he looked hurt and she felt a pang of guilt and regret, it wasn't really his fault that she hated him, she knew that she was in the wrong and that if she hadn't been so stupid it wouldn't have happened. She cringed at the memory of what went on, how she had gone to a bar, had too much to drink, hit on Alex and was hurt over his rejection, she knew now that he rejected her as she was too drunk and he didn't want to take advantage but at the time her intoxicated mind took it the wrong way, she felt that he was rejecting her because she was 'dirty' 'a whore' 'damaged goods'. She'd spent the previous night confessing all about Caleb and she believed that this contributed to him turning her down. Out of anger and spite she cosied up to another man, he wasn't a nice man at all, sleezy and disrespectful. When Norma decided to leave with him it crushed Alex and she relished in seeing him upset, but as soon as she got outside the cold air sobered her up enough for her to regret her decision about going back to his guys place he got very angry and tried to rape her. It was Alex that saved her, he was always saving her and coming to her rescue. Alex took Norma home and it just escalated from there, she screamed so much profanities at him and then tried again to seduce him again to make herself feel better but it went horribly wrong. She'd been cruel and spiteful, knowing how to hurt him. But Alex stood there and took the emotional abuse that poured out of her. Since then she had avoided him, despite him trying to get close to her she couldn't deal with it. She didn't deserve his kindness.