Chapter 2

Jumin refused to answer any of (y/n)'s questions as he passed her off to Jaehee, who was standing by a luxurious limousine. "Get her home safely," he told her, and she nodded, opening the door for (y/n).

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" (y/n) said furiously. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

"We know," Jaehee replied.

"Someone will bring your car back to your house tomorrow morning," Jumin said casually.

(Y/n)'s bottom lip began to tremble as she tried to suppress the tears. She had been so good, it all had been going well. Now she was being treated as if she had a disease, a disease that brought nothing but mania upon those she had touched.

Jaehee, noticing (y/n)'s efforts to hold back the flood brimming in her eyes, promptly gestured for her to get into the limousine. "I'll email you, (y/n). There's not enough time now. But I promise the current situation will be explained and I promise that it is not your fault. Don't blame yourself. Saeran is... different."

(Y/n) practically threw herself into the back seat before either of them could see her cry. She had to hold her composure... even if just for the company's sake. The door closed behind her and she watched through the tinted window as Jumin handed a piece of paper to the driver.

All the way home, she was too upset to notice the luxuries around her, which she would totally have taken advantage of in her right mind.

Throwing a quick 'thanks' to the driver, she hurried to her apartment, knocking on the door. Her roommate Angie nowhere to be found, she gripped her keys with shaking fingers and entered the dark apartment, pulling off her dress and grabbing the fluffiest pyjamas she could find.

She collapsed onto her bed, her body shaking as she cried herself to sleep.

She did not even think of how Jumin could possibly have known where she lived, or what this could mean in the future.

She was too tired.

-

A monster greeted her in the mirror the next morning, her appearance bedraggled, black lines from her mascara running down her face. Her pillowcase looked like a murder scene.

Scrubbing her face quickly so as not to alarm Angie with her appearance, she made her way to the kitchen, where Angie had somehow managed to burn her cereal.

"I guess your morning's going as well as mine," (y/n) said, plopping herself down on a chair and placing her head against the table. "I have a lecture at 10 too."

"All I did was leave the bowl on the stove, how was I supposed to know that I had forgotten to turn it off after the failed eggs attempt," Angie moaned, holding the bowl up to (y/n)'s eyeline, the blackened bottom proof of her failure.

(Y/n) chuckled a little, bringing her head up for Angie to view the dark bags under her eyes. "Oh! I almost forgot! How was last night?"

"It was good for a while, I guess."

Angie narrowed her eyes suspiciously as she pulled out the coffee. "What do you mean, 'it was good for a while'?"

"I mean that I was rushed out of the party after some psychopath lost it at the sight of my face."

"Well, I mean, you do look like-"

(Y/n) glared.

"Okay, okay, not the time for such jokes, I get it," Angie said, grabbing the kettle and pouring boiling water into her cup. "Did you at least spend some of the night with some hot beau who bedazzled you with their charm, who made your loins quake, whose dark hair-"