⚡️ Meet the Team Interviews: #1 ⚡️

Hey there fellow happy writers & readers! 🌻

Here is our first ever Team Interview! 🔥

Thank you for taking your time out to do this for us! I really appreciate it x

Interviewer: El (footnoteofhappiness )
Team Member: RitwikaSen
Team Interviews: #1

📌 Questions:

1. What do you love about literature?

As a child, I was captivated by the magical world of fairies, goblins, leprechauns and wizards that Enid Blyton created. It was love at first sight. I've never been able to resist a single book since.

Literature provides me an escape from the reality that we are living in. Literature has always been a constant in my life. From crying over them to laughing at the lamest jokes to reading Shakespeare, Literature offers it all.

What's not to love?

2. Who is your favourite author?

-laughs- That cannot be answered.

There's John Green, J.K. Rowling, Veronica Roth, Cassandra Clare, Cecelia Ahern, Jill Mansell, Nora Roberts and countless others. Choosing one would be unfair after all the memories they've given me.

3. Which book is your favourite & why?

Again, there are so many of them! But if I had to choose, it would be The Fault in Our Stars and Allegiant. I hold them very close to my heart and always will.

The Fault in Our Stars showed me without doubt, that love is not perfect. We are not perfect. But all of us deserve a love greater than ourselves. There's nothing more beautiful than that.

Allegiant showed me that sometimes love is about sacrificing yourself. Love isn't bondage; it is liberating. When you let go of something with nothing but love in your heart, it isn't a loss. It's a win; for you and the ones you love.

4. When did you join Wattpad?

I joined Wattpad in the winter of 2018. Since then I've grown as an individual and have met wonderful people who I'm grateful for every single day.

5. Have you written anything? If so, which one is your favourite?

The first book that I had written wasn't a huge success. I took it down after a few months. -laughs ruefully- I'd given up hope because I had run out of ideas. Then the plot for my book 'Their Stars Crossed In Bollywood' hit me. Now it's at 6.96K reads and has won two awards. The book is a constant reminder that I did not give up and is therefore, my favourite.

6. How did you discover the Happy Writers Community?

I was scrolling through new awards to join and I came across the Happy Writers. I entered my book, headed over to the hiring book and I knew I had to be a part of such a warm community!

7. Why did you choose to join this community?

I got offers to join a lot of communities but none of them caught my attention, you know? Almost all of them were the same thing- awards, edits, graphics. That's it.

The Happy Writers though, are different. You have a positivity and radiance that just shines. You are well organised, a trait missing in many.  That attracted me and I wanted to work with y'all! <3

8. What role do you do within our community?

I'm the Head of Contests within the community.

9. What do you love about your role?

The fact that I can bring new ideas to the table for active participation of authors, makes this the most loveable role I could have. It also helps me come across new authors and support them in their journey!

10. And lastly, what do you hope to bring to our community and fellow members?

I hope to bring newer and more active competitions into the picture. My Deputy Head and I have already begun to work on it and let's just say that there's going to be something for writers, poets, prompt writers, everyone very soon!

Any Additional Comments:

It would mean the world to me if you guys could read TSCIB and revert back to me with constructive criticism!

📌 Check out their story below on their profile 📌

🌞🌞🌞