Discovering

Third person POV

Mabel was thrown into a room with Dipper. She was tied up at her hands at feet, just like Dipper was.

Both of their mouths were taped shut. They had no blindfold on but the room was so dark you couldn't tell the difference between your eyes open and closed.

The ropes cut into his wrists and ankles. It was so painful.

Dipper start at Mabel and felt a tear roll down his face. Then another, and another, and another. He couldn't stop them no matter how much he tried.

Mabel... why did you come back.. it was all for nothing.
He leaned his head against the wall.
He tried distracting himself by letting his mind wander.
What day is it again? It's... I can't remember.
He grew frustrated.
I'll just try to sleep...

It took a bit but eventually he drifted off to an uncomfortable doze.

//-Time Skip-\\

Dippers eyes shot down as he felt cold water dumped over his head.

"Get up. I didn't say you could sleep." His father growled. He began to walk away but suddenly turned towards Dipper and kicked him in the ribs.

Dipper attempted a shout through the tape but it was extremely muffled.

It had been like this for a few days. His father would torture them, mostly his mother and Dipper but sometimes Mabel would get hurt for telling him to stop.

I still have no idea what day it is.

"Oh yes before I forget.. I called your school this morning to let them know you won't be coming back to school til Wednesday.. after all the whole family has been hit by the flu. A nasty one at that. You know... we're all very sick." His father began cackling.

Well now I know the day. Monday... two days left. Dipper thought.

His father tightened his ropes before walking away and slamming the door shut.
Dipper realized it had been awhile since he last ate. By his estimate he would guess it had been two days... maybe one since he last ate.

His father still gave Mabel and his Mom food. He says that Dipper gets food whenever he feels like it.

Dipper glared at the ropes on his feet and hands. He spent most of his time doing that lately. Glaring.

He and Mabel would often just stare at each other. Having some kind of conversation.
Dipper decided the best thing to do would wait. Just wait.

//-Time Skip-\\

The two days went by slowly but finally it was Wednesday.

Mabel didn't need any bandages or have to really wear anything to cover up the little amount she got hurt.
Dipper on the other hand had bandages on both his wrists from the ropes. He has a bandaid on his cheek and several more on his arms. He was forced to wear a navy blue hoodie to help hide his arms.

They walked to school slowly. Neither spoke. Their father had threatened to kill their mother if they said anything to anyone.
He had put a wire on Dipper. A listening device. He claimed that he knew "Mabel would never tell anybody" so he didn't wire her.
He claimed Dipper to be "Untrustworthy".

They both were terrified.

————————————————————————
They arrived at school with no problems.

Bill and Pyronica immediately ran up to Dipper and at the same time Mabel was pulled away by her friends.

"Pinetree! What happened to you? You got a band aid on your cheek." Bill said.