Prologue

Percy Jackson, two times hero and savior of Olympus, never thought his life could take a turn like this. It started out as a normal summer at Camp Demigod (Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood combined), or as normal as it could be for a demigod. The monsters seldom attacked; and the arrival and claiming of a new demigod was common now.

He did not know what happened or what changed but all he knew was that more than half of the camp, the Seven of the Prophecy and Annabeth seemed to be ignoring him. Reyna, Frank and Hazel were busy doing their work as Praetors; Jason was busy building shrines for minor gods and goddesses and Piper was busy helping him; Leo was busy with Calypso; Nico was busy with doing whatever he does in the Underworld; Thalia was busy with the Hunters; Grover was busy recruiting new demigods and doing his Lord-of-the-Wild stuff; and Annabeth said that she was busy as the official architect of Olympus but Percy knew that was not the entire truth and that she was lying. They had been through Tartarus together; did she really think she could fool him that easily? He also knew she was hiding something.

Some months ago there were some changes made. The Seven of the Prophecy had been asked one of their wishes, to be fulfilled by the Gods if within their power. And Percy had been offered immortality again which he declined, of course. He asked for Hades and Hestia to have a throne on the Olympian council. And he also asked for the two camps to be combined thus forming camp Demigod. As Lupa and Chiron became co-directors; Dionysus got his long desired freedom from "the home of useful brats". Most of the Romans shifted to Long Islands as it became Camp Demigod. Some still live at the original Camp Jupiter while some just travel between the two camps through the portal.  

Anyways, back to Percy now. He was having a very bad day. Everybody, even Annabeth, ignored him for all day and those who did not ignore him glared at him as if he brought them all their bad luck. So now, he was just walking to the beach to relax and avoid all the glares when he heard shuffling from a secluded part of the forest behind a groove of trees. Curiosity got the better of him, so uncapping Riptide; he sneaked up and peered through the gap in a cluster of branches. There were two people making out. He could have passed if it was not for the girl's very-familiar-looking princess curls and blonde hair that stopped him just to make sure that it was not a certain daughter of Athena. But all his hopes went down the drain when the couple finally broke apart and the girl said:

'I love you, Jake. You are so much better than Percy.'

The boy; now identified as Jacob Miles, son of Aphrodite; laughed and said, 'I love you too, Annabeth. But when are you going to break up with that slug? I don't want our relationship to be a secret forever."

"Today, after campfire."

The conch-shell horn blew three times, signaling an attack. Why Annabeth, Percy thought as he sprinted towards the camp boundary well-hidden from the couple's view.