The Betrayal

When he woke up, he was in a grand, polished hospital room which seemed a little too bright. The pain in his head has reduced to a dull throb. A wood nymph came in and asked him to follow her. How did she know that he was awake? He had no idea. They exited the big building and came onto the streets. He recognized the place as Mt. Olympus. So that hospital must be Apollo's. No wonder it was so bright. The wood nymph led him through the streets, which were surprisingly empty, to the doors of the Olympian throne room; and left him there. Why on earth could the Gods want him here? He had a bad feeling in his gut that he was not going to like what the future held. But he entered anyways.

Fourteen Olympians towered over him in their throne. Everybody looked serious and you could sense the tension in the air. Even the ones who could normally daydream during these meetings were paying attention. Aphrodite was not putting any extra makeup, Hephaestus was not tinkering with anything metallic, Apollo was not listening to his IPod and even Dionysus was not sleeping or reading a magazine. Half of them were glaring at him while the other half was giving him sympathetic looks.

'Perseus Jackson, you are accused of aiding Gaea and Kronos in the past wars by spying on us and fleeing the recent battle', Zeus boomed. 'What do you plead?'

To say Percy was shocked would be the understatement of the year. He helped them in two wars and this is how they repay him? Like, seriously? What about the times when he saved their butts? All forgotten and under the Earth?

'One I did not help Kronos, I helped you. Two, same for Gaea. And as for fleeing the recent battle, that battle was a distraction. The real battle was with Oceanus at the beach, which I fought to save you' and your sorry butts, he added as an afterthought.

'We have prove of your crimes. How can you, a mere demigod, be able to defeat a whole army along with Oceanus?' Zeus sneered. Poseidon was glaring at Zeus while Ares snickered.

'My son is no traitor, Zeus, you paranoid brat', he yelled.

'Father ', Apollo said, 'I am the God of Truth and I can tell he is not lying.'

'Silence', Zeus thundered, 'the council shall vote now. Those in favor of banishing the traitor?'

Eight hands rose in the air. It seemed Zeus, Hera, Athena, Ares, Aphrodite, Dionysus, Demeter and Hephaestus all wanted him banished. Percy was shocked. Well, he'll see who will help them when they will need it again.

'Though this is not necessary as the decision is clear, but still for the sake of the ancient laws, those against the banishment?'

Six hands rose. Hades, Hestia, Apollo, Hermes, Artemis (surprisingly) and Poseidon were all for him. Though he is never gonna say this out loud, he was touched.

'The decision is made. Perseus Jackson, you are hereby branded traitor of Olympus and your Achilles Curse is removed. You are banished from both the Camps and Olympus.' He gasped when he felt a sharp pain on his back but he willed his legs to stay standing, grinded his teeth and shut his eyes. When the pain subsided he knew his Achilles curse was gone. Before he would say something or do anything stupid which would possibly end up with him in underworld, Poseidon came over to him.

'Come with me, Percy'. He extended his hand which Percy took, and closed his eyes shut as bright light engulfed his vision. When the light subsided he found himself in a dark alley. Poseidon pulled him into a hug rivaling that of a Cyclops.

'I am so, so sorry; Percy.'

'It's okay, dad. But can you release me now?' Poseidon released him looking kinda sheepish but then his expression hardened.

'What do you mean "It's okay"? Of course it's not okay. I really need to knock Zeus's ego off a few notches.'

'Um... dad? Maybe it is better without another war?'

'Fine', Poseidon grumbled then his expression turned serious again, 'Percy you may not like this but being a child of the "big three" you will attract a lot of monsters. So the only way to keep you safe is to disown you." Percy's eyes stung, Poseidon noticed this and said, 'But on the bright side, you will finally be able to lead a normal life.'

He just nodded.

'I, Poseidon, God of Seas, Stormbringer and Father of Horses; hereby disown Perseus Jackson as my son', he looked down, 'Take care Percy, stay safe... and goodbye.' And saying so he flashed away leaving behind a faint smell of the sea. Percy looked around himself. It was night time so it was dark. He was in the back alley of his mother's apartment. He set course to his mom's, the pain of the betrayal still freshly stinging.