The Trepidation

What is fear?

When something have the power to threaten your existence.

A unwavering presence of danger. Like a volcano which can explode anytime consuming your whole identity.

The surge of stress harmones leading to shut down of your mind and body.

It's a basic software which make sure that you don't die. Excess of it results in phobia, which inturn makes you do the things which makes no logical sense.
.....

Palace

President is kneeling infront of the lord who was sitting on the throne. Rodriguez is at the corner of the room, waiting for lord's order. It was nearly dark and the full red moon had risen.

President feels threatened but his subconscious wanted him to live,
He knew it was all pre-planned. And he was just a pawn.

The idea of being hopeless and helpless made him to crumble into despair.

But something made him to break, and the thought "desperate times call for desperate measures" took over his mind.

"ARISE Vladimir"
commanded the lord

As president got up and pulled a Smith and Wesson revolver out of his secret compartment in the suit, pointing it right towards lord's head.

Rodriguez moved, lord just waved him to stop.

As lord just saw Vladimir as he was some child.

He moved towards the gun put his temple just against barell.

"Pull it Vladimir, pull the trigger"
lord commanded with his fierce tone.

Vladimir was enraged with emotion and pulled it..

Click !

Silence covered

Click, click , click

Vladimir just sat in disbelief.
Be blew his one shot towards redemption, and all that was because of one fucked up firing pin.

Lord turned away with pure anger, saying.

"I reek of so much darkness even death doesn't want me with her."

He took a gulp of whiskey, and lighted a Cuban cigar.

After a deep puff.

Lord turned towards Vladimir, who is still on the floor. And said

"Get up Vladimir, we have to talk about your sins"