Chapter two - The playground

Hello Ashton!

I don´t know how to begin this letter. I miss you! We were inseparable and used to make everything together and you promised to keep in touch with me. I tried to contact you in many ways and you never answered. I feel alone. I know you are famous and has much on your mind but it wouldn´t take long to write a short text.

In the last monthes I tried to avoid you and forget you but I couldn´t work cause you are everywhere I go. Two months ago I pumbed into Jack. Do you remember who he is? He was the one that always bullied you at school and I found out that he was really kind and polite in reality. He told me that he didn´t want to bully you but was under a hugh group pressure. He was against everyone who wasn´t like him. He said he was a jerk and I forgave him. I had really liked the thought about being friends with him at high school but I never told you because he was bullying you and I would have never left you. You was my best friend.

After we bumbed into each other he apologizied and we ate something at the next mcdonalds I thought I could be friends with him how I always wanted to be and then I realised you were gone and it wouldn´t matter if I forgave him. So I forgave him and we had a pretty good time. We changed numbers and you can guess what happened in the next passed days. We went on a few dates and it was really funny. We became really close and I liked it. I never forget you but it felt so good to be close with someone again.

Everything was really quick and only after two weeks I moved in and we went back to the daily routine. That means I went to work in the early mornings and get back at 3pm when my shift was over. Oh I haven´t told you yet that I have a job. I work at a restaurant as a waitress and it´s well-paid. It´s enough to live on my own and get everything I want. Jack works at a office and his works starts at 12am and he worked until late night every day. On the weekends he went out with friends and I sat alone at home waiting for him. He always came back late and was really drunk.

I never thought it all would ended in such a fake realationship. We barely talked to each other and he never cared about me. Two days ago we decided to break up and go our own ways. It was really hard and I wished you were beside me and would hold me like the days where my father died in a car accident. I loved your hugs. Everytime you wrapped your arms around me it felt like nobody can harm me and you could protect me against everything with your strong arms.

I moved back in my old flat and i was alone again. Today my mom came over and we had lunch together. We talked about differnet things but nothing important. I am really glad that she is sober since tree months. I´m happy cause you know she drunk since my father death. She changed a lot in the last months and i´m so proud of her.

She was about to leave when she gave me a filmstripe. Do you remember it. There are photos of all the things we had done together. The first is at the playground the first time we met. And the last is at the airport. It isn´t a pretty photo. I can tell your smile was obvisiuly fake and I have puffy red eyes from crying. If it wasn´t this important I would delete it but it is the last time I saw you and also the last photo we took.

 I tried to contact you in many different ways you know and nothing worked so I decided to write letters. Each letter is about one picture and I will tell you every single detail I remember. I want to show you my point of view.

I told you earlier in the letter the first pictures is taken at the playground. I don´t know if you remember it so I will first describe it a little bit. We both are at the picture and I was only four years old and you was already six. We both sit at the wings and smile in the camera. You have some bluhe shorts and a grey shirt with some superheros on it on and I wear a rosa dress which I used to hate but my mother loved it on me.

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was at home and my mother and father had a fight like everday and they told me to leave the house and go to the playgrund. They never really cared about me I realised later bacause it is dangerous in Sydney for a four year old girl. But at this time I was glad to leave the house and go to a playground. At the playgrund I sat down at the swings and was deep in thoughts when I heard noises. The playground was empty at this day and in front of me appeared a few boys who i noticed were in my kindergarten but in another group. They told me to stand up and let them use the swings. I am stubborn and I don´t want them to win so I refused to go away. They didn´t liked kt and the tall one was about to punch me as I hear your yell.

"Let her be alone. She is sitting there right now and you can´t tell her what to do." You stand up for me and I didn´t even knew you .

"Who are you to tell us what to do?" The fat kid yelled at your but you didn´t left at his harsh comment. Your point of view only got stronger.

"I´m her friend and I will punch you if you didn´t let her in peace. And please never threat her again otherwise you have to deal with me afterwards." You told them with an authory voice.

I feeled save with you in front of me and I was really luck to have someone like you. The boys turned around and left after a few seconds. You kept looking at them until they weren´t in our view anymore.

You turned around and eyed me. "Who are they?" You ask couriosly.

"They are in my kindergarten. Thank you so much I thought they would hurt me but you saved me. Thanks" I replied.

You nod as it was obvisiolius. "I´m Ashton Irwin. Who are you?" You sat down at the swing next to me.

"I´m Brooke-" but I was interrupted by a high pitched voice who called your name.

"Yes mum I´m here."You screamed back and she turned toward us and came closer.

"You can´t go away without saying anything to me you know. Who are you?" She  first eyed you but then turned to me in interest.

"That is Brooke I found her here. Can you take a picture of us with the new camera mom?" you didn´t told his mom about the little accident and I was relieved about that. She took out a camera and I smiled.

Click.

After your mother wanted to leave and go food shopping.

"Bye Brooke. Can we maybe see us again? Tomorrow at the same time here?" You offered an I thought it would be cool to see you again. I had that feeling that we would be good friends. And I was right.

"Yes that would be great. See ya tomorrow." I said and you left.

I sat at the swing for a while and thought about you and I came to the conclusion that I like you.

So this was my first memory of you and I hope you like it as much as I do.

I will write you another letter in the next days.

I miss you.

Your Brooke

I had just finished the first letter and I like it. It was everything I kept in mind about the picture and I´m sure I didn´t forget anything. i fool up the letter and take a envelope in his favourite colour red. At the front I write the adress of his management and i also write FROM HIS BEST FRIEND BROOKE in bold letters at the top. Maybe they ould notice that the letters aren´t fan message and show them Ashton so he would notice my handwriting. I don´t know if he will get them but it´s a big relief to write about the things which happened in the past. I put a stamp in the right corner and go to the next mailbox.

I have just written about 1500 words and that is so much for me. It is a really long chapter and idk if I will write such long chapters when school starts again so please don´t expect every chapter to be as long as this.

I have seen that some people are reading my story and I´m really thankful but pease vote and comment to show me that my work on this book is worth it. Love you all. xx