RPW Self-para

Tears cascades my eyes as I stumble upon the corridors of our dark halls. The knight figurines casts a shadow upon the carpeted floors, covering the white marbles with the same color as my hair. My eyes catches the glistening waters rotating from the fountain's base to the last tier-elegantly sparkling as the moonlight hits the curvature of the moving water, and head tilts at a certain angle and gazes at the stars glowing white and sometimes purple as it blends with the galaxy.

Father and I got into an argument again. The usual topic that I need to face in order to be with my lover. A deal that I do not know of and will remain a secret until one speaks the truth. I know you do not wish to see me cry, but knowing that he's keeping a secret in your heart, how can I not? Tell me, Love, when your eyes meets mine, does it really show your love, or it masks your real intentions?

Day by day, I go blind with your kisses and your conviction. I fail to see what's beyond that scorching mask your eyes displays while looking at me in full adoration. I let ignorance take over my being, convincing me to focus on the happiness we share, but too much happiness can turn into a mere illusion. Love, when will I know of the secrets hidden in the abyss of you heart? I do not doubt your love as I am aware that is will not falter, but I doubt your actions whenever I ask you about your clan-timid and scrutinizing.

As I think about the times when you lower your guard, a tall a shadow appears at the ends of a hall, eyes worrying and weary. The tall figure walks, steps echoing heavily as the pace quickens. It stops by my front, black shoes kills the small weeds that complete for the nutrients the soil gives. My head rises, follwing the figure's leg, chiselled torso, up to the face that I recognize most. My hand levels itself to my eyes as I wipe the tears glistening on my cheeks.

I do not wish for you to witness how broken my heart is, for I know my pain will be doubled when your empathy adopts it.

"Twayla, you're crying again," says a grumbling voice, the last syllables scatters with evident pain. He kneels, a hand resting on my lap as the other locks my trembling hands. He pulls it close to his mouth and kisses its skin gently like a fragile glass whoch warms my heart whenever he does. "Angel, I swear...if this is about Sylvaine again-"

"No... it's not about her." My eyes closes as I savour the warmth coming from his calloused palm. It was rough as he try his best to train and shape himself into a warrior worthy of my father's praise. "Father and I had an argument... He really wants me to stay away from you." My eyes flares open, catching the glimpse of pain in his eyes.

He grabs both of my hands and cages it into his, kissing my fingers that brings tears to my eyes and says, "This battle is not yours alone to face. I am with you in every step you take. I will have his permission no matter what"-he takes both hands to his cheek, trapping his handsome face in my fingers-"even if it costs everything I have. After all... you're everything I desire."

Once again, I am weak for his charms. The mere sight of him makes me tremble in so much happiness. With him by my side-eyes glowing in love, lips speaking of adoration, I know that everything will be alright. He has this effect on me that makes me strong and confident whenever I am resting in his arms.

"With you by my side, I know everything will just be fine." And just like that, my head lowers to steal a kiss from his lips, heavy heart lightens we kiss under the night sky-with Luna and the stars as our witnesses.

Ps. Pardon my writing. I am not used to writing in present tense 😂.

Photo credits to Nourhan Sabek (Pinterest)