CHAPTER 5 - Vague beginnings

A/N: HELLO!!! Hi! I just want to say a few things - first, sorry if I wasn't able to update last Friday, I was caught up with holiday season and family festivities, so I apologize dearly. Second, Happy New Year to all! I hope the first few days of your 2015 are going well :) And third, here's the update! I won't give any details cuz I don't want to spoil anything. But I do hope you'd like it. Enjoy!

        o-o

                The silence bounced against the white walls of the extravagant kitchen in the mayor’s mansion, only the sound of apples being sliced could be heard. Regina was preparing her famous recipe of apple turnovers, with a smile on her face, her delicate hands danced on the redness of the fruit. However, the stillness was disturbed when loud cries vibrated from one of the rooms to where she was. Regina sighed although the curve on her lips never left her face, her little Princess had woken up unexpectedly.

“Coming!” Regina called as though the child would hear and understand her. She washed her hands and patted them dry as fast as she could. She rushed towards the room where she left her sleeping baby just an hour ago but then the sobbing suddenly stopped, leaving only the sound of Regina’s heels clinking against the solid floor. She reached the room and found the door opened the way she left it. “Hey,” she announced lightly as she closed the door behind her and walked towards her baby’s crib. “Prince-“ she wasn’t able to finish as her voice died in her throat, her eyes widened as she stooped down the little bed, her smile faded instantly as she found the tiny mattress empty. She stood upright, her body stiff, she propped her hands on her waist and as her blood seemed to leave her face causing her to look the palest she’d ever been, her eyes wandered across the room. From corner to corner, along the sides of the bright pink-tinted room, Regina searched and searched and when she had laid her eyes on everything in front of her, she turned towards the door and found what she’s been looking for and a bit more. “Baby,” she whispered though the word was too breathy as it escaped her lips. She started to pace towards her child but the man carrying her placed his hand before him, asking Regina to stop.

“Uh –uh,” he uttered with a smirk, waving his index finger in front of Regina, making her halt.

She’d never thought she’ll see him again. He’s holding the little Princess close to his chest with his left arm while he started hovering his right hand on the baby’s thin chocolate hair. “What are you doing?” She asked, her voice loud although she’s trying to mask the fear she has.

“Well, surprise, dearie,” he responded, jerking his hand as if trying to greet her. It was Gold, in his crocodile skin, the famous Rumplestiltskin.

“That’s not a very good surprise, Imp,” Regina responded with sass although she regretted provoking the man while Riona was in his arms.

“Is that a way to address someone who holds your daughter?” Rumplestiltskin replied and he knows, he’d won. There’s no way Regina would attempt on attacking him when he’s holding her precious Princess.

“What are you here for?” Regina inquired, hoping to get whatever it is that Rumplestiltskin came for over with.

“I’m just here to deliver a message.”

A message?” Regina raised an eyebrow as she questioned Rumple’s answer, making sure that he’ll notice the look she’s giving towards the grip he has on her child.

“Yes,” Rumple replied, walking towards Regina as he placed little Riona back to her mother’s arms. “Your daughter,” he started, crossing the room slowly, opposite Regina and Riona.