Chapter 1. Hoodie man

A photo of me and my family, I can't stop staring I was so happy I notice something odd about it ... in the background was an unknown man in a brown hoodie ,covering his face .

That photo was taken when I was 11.

The night before my dad was murdered I looked out of my bedroom window and saw the man in the hoodie , but I didn't se his face. He looked at me and waved. Then everything went pitch black.

I had a dream that night .
About me and my dad .
He risked his life for me , he told me to get out of the U.S. Now and fast , then the Hoodie man came and he said that that there was no escape , that I could not run and I could not hide .
Then he looked at my dad , stared into his eyes , into his soul .
Then stabbed him in the chest.

As my dad fell to the ground with blood gushing out of his breast I felt a part of me that was lost , I was so scared . The Hoodie man turned his head to me slowly and said there is no escape , there is no escape , there is no escape !! Then he started running towards me.

Does it happen to you when you run in you're dreams that you run so god damn slow ? It happens to me all the time , but this time was odd .. I ran , ran so fast , I started to breath so heavily that my heart almost pounced out of my chest . I looked back to see if the Hoodie man
was there , but he was gone...

I was sure that he was there , I mean he was right there I turn my back for 5 seconds and now what?
I stand there for a few more seconds just wondering were he went ... but it didn't take me long before I noticed were he really was . I walked a few steps forward , and then slowly turned around, just to see his face , I need to see who he is ..to help my dad..
When I turn around i see him, an anger builds up in me, I can feel a cold sweat building up inside me.
I find a gun on the floor , I run for it. the man try's to get it before me but then stops , wanting me to take it.

What? I'm so confused ... I stop running and just stare at him .
what did he mean .. did he have some sort of plan that I didn't know about?

Usually in my dreams ,I cant control what I do . but now I can!
I walked away from gun and to towards him .

" what do you want !? You have taken everything from me ! Happiness, better days to look forward to and my dad !" I shout

" what the hell do you want!!"
At this point I'm furious . I need to know every thing ! He walks slowly up to me .

It sends chills running down my spine , a cold sweat running down my forehead . He comes to close but I can't move , he starts to whisper softly into my ear " you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up screaming with tears on my face and all over my bed. I wanted to dream more , so I could know more but I guess that my body told me that was enough .

Still screaming and crying , I kick my feet in the bed and bang my hands on the wall.

My mom comes running in trying to comfort me by giving me a hug .

" Everything is alright !! It's going to be ok ! I know it's hard now that dad is gone but it's not going to be much easier if keep acting like this !

" She says in a soft voice .
It calms me down a lot .
" Mom .." I say with tears in my mouth , witch causes me to cough a little .

"yes dear?" She says

"I saw him.. I saw the man.. the man that might have killed dad , the man I saw outside of my window the night before dad was..." I stopped . Not only was it hard for me to come over but for my mom as well .

My mom shook it off , apparently she didn't care .
She started a new conversation with a new subject .

She was good at that , whenever times were ruff she made them better.
" So! " She started " we're going shopping today ! New clothes ,new style and maybe a new life ? just to make you feel better !"

I know that nothing can really make me feel better but with the old clothes I had , I could just think about dad .

" Yeah.. that sounds fun " I said with a smile as my mom wiped of my tears with her sleeve .

"Ok then , great ! I made some breakfast for us , waffles with blueberries inside ! "
I love blueberries! Especially in waffles .

Mom brought me some new clothes and told me to get ready . I stagger off to the bathroom and look in the mirror trying to find my self but I end up popping pimples instead. I take shower to wash off all the sweat with really hot water , the best .

As I get out of the shower the mirror is coverd in steam from the warm air .
I wipe the steam of so I can see my self in the mirror . I brush my dark , wet hair and then put it up in a ponytail to keep it out of my face .

After I dry myself and put on my clothes I notice that none of the steam is going away I try to open the door but it's locked ...

That's strange . I never locked it.. as I try to unlock it , it won't open , its stuck .

I'm stuck in a steamy bathroom .
The shower turned on and more steam is coming .
"Help! Mom help ! " I shout waiting for her to come and open the door

"help!! I'm stuck !" I hear my mom coming up the stairs .

" Oh god!" *cough cough * " I'll get you out Jennie !"

She tries so hard to open the door , at the end she can't wait anymore she takes one of my old baseball rackets and breaks the door down .
I am so thankful that she was in the house when it happend.

"Are you alright !? What happend? " she asked but I didn't answer before we left the house.i just wanted to leave .

• In the car •

"So why did you lock the door?" My mom asks again.
"I didn't , I never lock it , unless I make a furdumpkiss " I replied

"Hahahaha what does that even mean ?" My mom asks

"I think it means take a crap or just use the toilet " I answer
"
Just like your dad " she says with a smile and rubs my back gently .

We get to Target an buy a couple pairs or pants and white converse for me .
I wait for my mom to choose something for herself .

" Jessie you can go look for some shirts or something if you'd like " she says with a smile . I smile back ,and thanked her .

As I wonder off I find a beautiful, navy blue sweater with white small a dots on it .I grab one in my size and try it on , it fits perfectly. I put the sweater in my cart ,when I look to my left I se a brown hoodie ...

I freeze I run towards the hoodie and throw it on the floor , but as I do ,I see a note flying out of its left pocket .
I pick up the note and read it .

"you are just like your father"
Tears run down my cheeks

" and you're next ,Jessie "

I woke up on the floor ,my mom and two others that worked at Target trying to wake me up . I guess I fainted after read it . I look at my hand and there was the note .

All shriveled up like a prune . I take the note and hand it to my mom while I was still dizzy.

Tears were running down her face as she sat there quietly on the floor with my hand in hers .
The note was smudge out a bit but you could still figure out what it said and what it meant.

He was going to do something terrible . to either somebody I loved... or me...