Chapter 5 Lonely Tree

35 minutes after soaking in the bath and texting with Sophia I never dropped my phone in the bath water .Lucky me !

But I did end up looking like an old women. Not so lucky of me!
I got ,out rinsed off all the bubbles from the bath in the shower.

Got dressed put on a white , long sleeved hoodie and some dark blue jeans. I brushed and put my hair in a ponytail after I dried out the water.
Walked down down the stairs to the kitchen then made some tea.
The tea helped me start thinking and .
I felt clear in my head ...
A silence that I haven't heard in a long time.

I went out on the deck and looked at the beautiful view of a mountain... where a little , but still tall , lonely tree sat .

Just looking over a bit of the valley of Missoula. Beautiful really.
I felt that that tree felt a silent peace as I did.

The sun was shining over the tree and it had a little shade behind it .
I was thinking that I really wanted to check that place out .. to go up there and sit with the lonely tree.

My mom came home , she parked are white truck in the drive way . I saw that mom had been shopping while I was in the bath.
I went to help her out with the groceries.

" Hi mom ! " I say

" hi darling ,ooh! Do you mind taking some bags inside ?"

"Not at all!" I said

She gave me two bags , took one grocery bag her self the brought out a clothing bag from old navy.

I saw it and I was excited ... I stopped thinking about it and then carried the bags to the kitchen.

" I bought something for you !" My mom says when she comes into the kitchen.

"You did ? Well what is it ?" I ask

"Well come and see for yourself !" Mom says excited.

I open the bag and pick up a black , short circle skirt , and a a puffy lite purple skirt with blue and yellow flowers on it.

They are so beautiful! I've been wanting and needing skirts for so long.

"OH! Thank you ! They are beautiful! I love them ! Thank you mom !"i say

"Oh here is a sweater" she pulls out a wine colord sweatshirt that is soft and comfy!

I put in the black circle skirt to se if it fits.
It fits perfectly around my waist and hips and ends two centimeters right above the knee.

"C'mon , give it a spin ! " mom says smiling.
i twirl around one or two times.

"Perfect ! You are so beautiful ,you know that ? " She says and kisses me

"Thank you " I say .

I have an idea.

"Mom come out side with me for a bit , I want to show you something."I say , nudging her sleeve a bit .

"Can I put away the groceries first ?" She ask.

"I'll do it for you later!" I say " c'mon!"

"Okay okay!" She says and follows me to the deck .

"Look mom !" I say " you see that tree on the hill ? " I ask her.

"Yeah .. Beautiful isn't it ? The view from up there is probably amazing " she says.
I agree ..

"Can't we go up there . and probably have a picnic or something ? Please !" I ask , looking at her with my virus like green eyes.

"Are you sure ? What if you see that cub again ? Will you run down the mountain like a crazy person again ? " She says and laughs , I do to .