Chapter 4

Josh's POV

I sit down at the table that I reserved and look over the menu. I'm not going to order until she gets here. The menu has my attention for maybe 2 minutes when I hear the restraunt door open and see a beautiful blonde girl stumble over her own feet into the restraunt, and muttering "oh shit!" under her breath, causing everyone to stop and look at her. I jump up and run to her side.

"Wow, oh my gosh, are you okay?" I chuckle a little when I see her face.

"It would be me to trip and fall on the first date. I don't do this kind of thing." She laughs a little and stands up. I finally get a good look at her. The dress she is wearing compliments every curve of her body. and She looks different in the face, she is wearing makeup. something she didn't wear much of before, but she looks just as beautiful, with it on or off. Even with heels on, she was still maybe 2 or 3 inches shorter then me.. she left me speechless, something that rarely happens to me.

"oh um uh, wow, You look great." I say, glancing down at her feet and then back to her dark blue eyes, making her smile. "Here, lets go sit down."

"you clean up pretty good yourself." she says as I pull her chair out for her.

"You really know how to kick off a date huh?" i joke. she looks down at her lap.

"Yeah, um I'm sorry about that." she smiles, "again, I don't do this a lot." referring to going out to eat.

"Thats a suprise. I would think you would have guys all over you, taking you out all the time." I say shyly.

"Yeah well you thought wrong." she says bitterly, but then shakes her head, "No, I'm sorry. I'm trying to fix that, really."

"It's okay, "host-stella"" I say jokingly, using the nickname Kevin made for her.

"so tell me about yourself" She says after the waiter takes our orders.

"Well, as you know I am Josh, I am 20. I am from Kentucky, I have a brother named Connor, a dog named Driver-"

"You have a dog?!?! Oh my gosh, I love dogs." she says, "I'm sorry keep going"

I smile, "you would like him, but anyways, let me know a little about you."

"Well, My name's Stella Foster, I am going to be 18 next Friday, and thats really all." She says and fiddles with the seam on her dress sleeve.

"What do you mean? c'mon Stella! what do you like to do?" I say. Its like once I ask about her, she closes me out.

"Um, well I like art. It facinates me. Photography, I like that. Um, I like camping, Motorcycles, I am outside 90 percent of the time, and I- I um," she shakes her head, "I am a trouble maker." she finishes and slouches in her seat.

"A little bit of trouble isn't so bad." I say. and then our food arrives.

She stares at her plate in amazement, "hungry?" I say and laugh.

"what the fuck is this." she points to the wasabi on her plate.I laugh at her straight-forward-ness

"Its really spicy, I wouldn't try it." she looks at her plate. "Never had sushi before?"

"haha, nope, how could you tell?" she says giggling. I can't help but laugh at her. I can't tell if it's because I am feeling happy again for the first time in months, or she is just funny.

"Just try it, its really good. try that one first, " i point to a spicy tuna roll and She takes a bite, and then another bite, after another. "good huh?" she nods. and smiles.

"sorry, i have never had fancy food before." she laughs again.

"No its fine, I remember my first time having sushi too." I smile at her.