Chapter 6

The moment you opened your eyes that Sunday morning you knew it was going to be a long day. After letting out a loud yawn, you reached behind you and grabbed your phone from the nightstand. Light filled the room from the bright screen. Tim, who was previously using you as a human teddy bear, had now shifted over with his back facing you. You quickly read the text and began silently getting dressed knowing that you only had so long before Tim woke up due to your missing presence from the bed.

The poor boy would startle awake if you woke up before him and were out of bed for too long. He couldn't fall asleep or stay asleep without you next to him. You pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a red robin tube top. July was a particularly hot month in Gotham. Red converse were also slipped onto your feet before you pulled your hair back into a ponytail and silently slipped out of Tim's room, closing the door behind you.

You weren't quite sure what you expected when you walked into the Manor's kitchen, but Alfred directing four very, very confused Waynes as they cooked and set up decorations for a certain someone was certainly much more hectic than you thought it might be. Originally the plan was that you would lead Tim to bed early and they would set up overnight.

However, as a surprise to everyone, Tim declined your offer and instead settled on working a case. You walked gracefully into the disaster and clapped your hands twice. Every head, including Alfred's turned to you. "Jason, stop trying to hit Damian with the frying pan and finish breakfast. Damian, put Timmy's puppy back in the crate. If you don't stop trying to teach him to bite Tim. you're going in the crate next," Dick's laughing alerted you of your next target.

"Dick, if you don't stop playing with his new titanium enforced staff I swear on everything that is holy in this world, I will beat you bloody with it. Now, put it down and help Bruce with the decorations." You smiled in satisfaction as everyone began following your orders and waltzed over to Alfred to help him finish decorating the cake. Minutes after everything was set up and ready, Tim's door could be heard slamming open.

Everyone quickly cleaned up and then turned towards the kitchen entrance. Tim came rounding the corner like a rocket. His eyes widened as he tried frantically to stop to prevent running into anything or anyone. His socks did not agree with the newly polished tile floors and he came sliding into the kitchen, landing flat on his back. Neither Jason, Dick, or Damian were attempting to hide their laughter. You fixed them with a glare that rivaled the Bat's and their mouths closed.

You walked over to where Tim had fallen and held a hand to help him from the floor. He placed his hand in yours but instead of you pulling him up, he pulled you down. Tim carefully directed your body so that not a single part of your hit the floor and you instead landed on him as a very soft cushion. He smiled cheekily at you before pulling your hair from it's ponytail and wrapping his hand in it. His face moved closer and closer to yours before he smashed his lips onto your own in a bruising kiss that left you breathless.

"Happy Birthday to me."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After the morning fiasco, you guys had decided it would be better to go out for Tim's birthday. Both Tim and Bruce were hesitant about leaving the streets of Gotham unpatrolled but Kate and Gordon had both promised to alert you immediately if something came up that they couldn't handle.

Being out with the Waynes had once felt foreign to you. It used to be something that made you squirm in your seat as the constant attention from wandering people and most especially paparazzi was less than desirable. After almost a year though you had grown accustomed to it and although the press didn't know your name, they were sure you and Tim were dating. Something that certainly did not go over the heads of those in Gotham.

What you weren't expecting to come of this family dinner was for almost everyone in the nice small restaurant to suddenly rush towards the doors and windows. It normally would not have bothered you, however the paparazzi turned as well. Meaning anything outside this diner was important. Because if the Waynes were out they were always the center of attention. The door opened and the crowd parted like the red sea.

Every mouth at your table, including yours dropped. Standing there in between the large mass of people gushing, fawning, and taking photos, was Lex freaking Luthor, aka your dad.

The eyes of the entire family was fixed on the man. Bruce's gaze narrowed slightly before he realized the crowd had now turned to look at you guys. He placed his playboy smile on his face, prompting the rest of the family to do so. You plastered on a charming smile along with the rest. Everyone besides Tim, who had fixed his glare but refused to smile. Bruce motioned for a waitress to pull up a chair to the table. Luckily, she placed it in between Dick and Jason, who sat on the opposite side of the table.

You weren't too fond of the placement but at least it was next to you, or worse in between you and Tim. Tim, who at this point had wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled your chair closer to his so the sides of your legs touched. His gaze did not leave Lex until you nudged his side with your elbow. You leaned your head up until your mouth was at line with Tim's ear.

"Please, for me Timmy, enjoy this and don't let him ruin your special day." Tim's pale blue eyes turned to you and he smiled gently. With a nod of his head and a kiss on your cheek, Tim gathered his composure. "Mr. Luthor. Not that it isn't lovely to see you, but what business do you have here in Gotham." Lex's gaze turned to your boyfriend, whom he stared at for all too long before answering.

"The young lady next to you. She's my daughter. I don't need a reason, I've come simply to take her back to Metropolis with me." You tried to muffle your scoff but it came out anyways. Bruce glanced at you but said nothing. "If you think that I'm going back to Metropolis with you than you are crazier than I thought you were." Lex smiled at you which caused even more anger to rise.

"Daughter, you don't seem to understand. I wasn't asking. You're coming back home with me."

"First of all, my home is with the Waynes."

"You think that they can take better care of you than your own father."

"You haven't been much of a father! Tell you what, I'll go back if you can even tell me what my name is."

Lex faltered at your statement and tensed ever so slightly. "Exactly. Tell me again how you've been a father to me."

"Darling listen, I know I wasn't always there but that doesn't mean that-"

"No! I'm not doing this. You need to leave." You were fuming at this point and even Tim's hand clutched in your own wasn't helping. You were trying to avoid making a scene or worse ruining Tim's birthday dinner. Something this bald-headed asshole obviously had no concern for.

"Just let me explain."

You shot up from your seat and fixed him with a cold look. "I don't care what you have to say. You waltz into this diner like you own it and completely interrupt my boyfriend's birthday dinner. And if that's not enough, you don't even know my name, yet you call yourself my father. Do you seriously think that after all of that I would just traipse right outside and back to Metropolis with you?"

You took in a deep shuddering breath and calmed your inner demons before sitting back down next to Tim, who immediately swiped you into his clutches once again. Lex look at the pair of you with a dark gaze that pierced through your soul and rested solely on Tim. He gave a short nod and stood up sharply, his chair scraping across the wood.

As he made his way to the door, he muttered into Tim's ear. It was something you were sure that you were not meant to hear, but you caught it anyways.

"You can't hide her away from me forever young man. Even if I have to go through you, she will be mine."