two - stormy mornings

summary: a storm wakes you and Spencer up so he reads you back to sleep.

a/n: i picked the poem Annabel Lee for Spencer to read for the sole purpose of Matthew having a reading of it up on spotify so enjoy.

—————

You woke up to the loud thunder coming from the storm. You were about to fall right back to sleep when you felt movement from the other side of the bed. You turned your body to face your boyfriend, Spencer, turning to lay on his back. The storm must've woken him as well.

"Spence, you up?" You whispered to him, it was loud enough for him to hear but quiet enough not to wake him if he was still sleeping. Slowly but surely you saw a slight nod come from your partner.

You grinned and inched closer to him to lay your head on his chest and place your arm around his torso.

"Did the storm wake you," oh how you loved his sleepy voice. It was low and scratchy, one of the many things you loved about this man.

"Yeah but my alarm was probably gonna start ringing soon anyways. What time is it?" He turned his head to his nightstand and checked the time on his digital clock.

"Almost six," you let out a thankful sigh, neither of you were usually up for another half hour to start getting ready for work.

You felt Spencer reach for something on his nightstand and soon saw him with a book in hand, you weren't the littlest bit surprised.

"Can you read to me? Please?" You had no idea what he was reading but you could listen to his soft and gentle voice for the rest of your life.

"Only because you asked nicely." You felt his free hand go to your head as he ran the tips of his fingers throughout your hair. You shut your eyes as he began to read to you.

"It was many and many a year ago, in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know by the name of Annabel Lee;" he continued to run his hands through your hair, gently untangling the small knots he would come across.

You had told him on your first date this was one of your favorite poems by Edgar Allan Poe. It still gave you butterflies whenever he remembered little things you had told him long ago.

"And this maiden she lived with no other thought than to love and be loved by me." His hands had now moved from your hair to your arm where he was drawling light circles and other shapes everywhere on it.

You could already feel yourself dazing off the second he started reading and you hadn't made it to the end of the poem before you were once again passed out on his chest.

Once he realized you were back to sleep he set down the book then wrapped his arm around you. You both stayed like that till your alarm rang and woke you not much later.