three - madly in love

summary: you join Spencer to a team dinner where the rest of the team tells you how in love with you he is.

—————

You and Spencer has been dating for seven months and even though you didn't like jumping into relationships you could confidently say you were madly in love with this man.

He had asked you to come to a dinner and meet his team that he worked with tonight. You were nervous, these were his best friends, the people he spent more time with than you at some points. It never bothered you though, you knew he had a busy job.

You shimmied into a classy black dress that you had picked out not even days after Spencer had invited you.

You were checking yourself out in the mirror when you had heard a knock on your front door. Was it 6:30 already?

You hurried to answer the door and when you had opened it you were greeted by a very happy Spencer. He was smiling ear to ear, and he looked adorable.

"You look beautiful as always," he never failed to make you feel amazing. He gave you a quick kiss before walking over and sitting on your couch to wait for you to finish getting ready.

All you needed to do is touch up your makeup and slip on a nice pair of shoes and you two would be on your way.

As nervous as you were, you were also excited to meet his friends and coworkers. You had heard so many stories of them on cases and Spence really seemed to love them like family. You just hoped they liked you.

Clearing the doubts from your mind you slipped on some shoes and headed back out to your living room where Spencer was waiting for you. Once you came out you saw his face light up the same way it had when you opened your front door.

"So how do I look?" You asked doing a little spin. He walked over to you and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"You look amazing, don't be nervous. You seem so worried, I promise they'll like you." You gave him a fake smile before he let go of your waist, grabbed your hand and walked you out the door.

The car ride was almost silent with the exception of the music on the radio Spencer had turned on halfway through the drive. You were so worried you had spent the entire car ride overthinking in your head, and Spencer knew it.

Once you arrived you exited the car and made your way to the front door with Spencer's hand intertwined with yours. He knocked on the door and not much sooner a man answered the door, he gave Spencer a smile and it got wider once he saw you.

"This must be the girl you talk about all day kid, come on in." You glanced over at Spence and saw the lightest touch of redness on his cheeks.

You both followed the man into his beautiful house as he lead you to the dining room where the rest of his friends were. As soon as everybody noticed you and Spencer had arrived they all turned to face you.

"Where are my manners, I'm David Rossi and I assume you are y/n?" You nodded and shook his hand. You weren't as nervous as you had been on the drive here.

The team went around introducing themselves, but you had already knew who most of them were from Spencer's stories. There was Aaron, Emily, Derek, Penelope and JJ all sitting around the dining room table. You had taken the empty seat right next to JJ with Spencer in the seat to your left.

Throughout the night the team had shared their favorite stories from working with Spencer. Everybody was just about finished with their main course when Spencer had gotten a call from his mother and had ran outside to take it.

"You know he really likes you right? Actually I don't even know if like is the right word," JJ had said quietly but it still caught your attention. Your lips parted in fascination to hear what else she had to say.

"You know, the day after your first date he had came into the office with the biggest grin on his face, and we all took turns guessing what had put him in such a good mood that day," you could feel a smile forming on your lips. "Finally Derek has guessed it was a girl, and even though he didn't say anything he got this big goofy smile he gets whenever he looks at you."

You loved that big goofy smile, the same one that had greeted you at the door this evening.

"You know he tells us all the time that he's in love with you, and I mean all the time." She emphasized the 'all' in her sentence.

It seemed like another coworker had caught onto your conversation and began to add on. "One time I sat next to him on the plane ride back and I'm pretty sure he reread every single one of your text messages the entire way back." It was Derek, this was Spencer's closest friend on the team, he practically considered him an older brother.

You felt the heat rise to your cheeks as they shared the stories about Spencer. Earlier today you had thought you were crazy for even thinking that you could be in love with this man so soon, but once you learned the feeling was mutual it changed everything.

Once Spencer came back in the dinner finished up as the rest of the team slowly started leaving. Soon enough you both said your goodbyes to the remaining people and you made your way out.

In the car you sang along to the radio and did little dances in your seat while Spencer laughed at you.

You both followed your usual nightly routines, getting into pajamas, brushing your teeth, washing your face and then laying in bed together. You both cuddled together, your arms wrapped around each other's bodies and your head on his chest.

You both started to daze off when you remembered what the team had told you at dinner. "Hey Spence," you said quietly.

"Yeah y/n?" He always had a sweet tone to his voice, no matter what he said, sometimes even when he was angry.

"So when you stepped out the team told me some things you say about me to them," you could tell that sentence made him nervous. "Is it true you said your in love with me?"

He sighed, he didn't want to move too fast and scare you off. "Yeah, I have been since we met." You smiled and he felt it against his chest.

"Well then, I love you too Spencer."

He moved his hand up to your chin and lifted your face up for you to look at him. He spent a few seconds just looking into your eyes and then gave you a passionate kiss that had you never wanted to end. You put your head back onto his chest and you both fell asleep moments later.