𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

-♡-

"𝐓𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝. 𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥."

Soon enough her mother came back, a bag of McDonald's in her arms. "Hey, Brought your favorite!" Y/N smiled weakly, her mother's face dropping "Baby..." She sighed, stepping closer and placing the bag down and wiping away the tears from her cheeks. "The Doctors said you might be able to go home in about a week" She tried, moving some of Y/N's hair from her face before opening the bag of McDonald's.

Meredith pulled out Y/N's favorite food from McDonald's. Y/N stared down at it for a while, gingerly picking up a fry "Please... Eat something" Eventually she ate it, her stomach rumbling with hunger, giving in she ate, her mother let out a silent sigh of relief. After a while of silent eating Meredith pulled out Y/N's phone "You also have permission to use this" Y/N smiled, grabbing her phone, turning it on, and putting in her pin, the screen now cracked and scuffed.

Her discord showed thousands of unread texts from her friends, most of them daily. Can't wait till you wake up, We miss you, etc. Y/N smiled, "Your friends really miss you, some even showed up here to visit" Meredith hummed, sipping her coke. Soon a doctor and a nurse came in "Hope we aren't interrupting?" Meredith assured him they weren't.

"That's good, well its good to see you awake, Y/N," The nurse quietly went to her drip, checking it and swapping it out for another one. "Well, We looked over your scans you got while you were out, and I have some answers for some of the things you are probably feeling" Y/N's eyes glittered slightly. "We noticed a lot more activating in this part of your brain" He started, holding up a chart of her C.T scan "This is the part in charge of the connections you create with people" The girl in the bed slowly lost the spark of hope in her eye.

The doctor continued "And this part is in charge of your dreams" Y/N bit her bottom lip "They where very active during your time in the coma, And I'm sorry, but it was a dream, whatever you experienced" Y/N looked down at her lap, tears stinging the corner of her eyes. Meredith hugged Y/N "I'm sure it felt extremely real" The doctors bright blue eyes gazed at Y/N with sympathy as she cried quietly "We'll provide you with therapy to overcome the feelings that come with this" He reassured.

The room was quiet before Y/N's quiet broken voice spoke up "I don't want therapy" She hissed, her mother shaking her head "You really should..." "No! It was real" Y/N cried, looking up at the Doctor, who shook his head "It didn't I'm sorry, we'll leave you two alone for now" The Doctor gestured for the nurse to follow him out who did so.

A few hours later, Y/N was lying in her hospital bed, thoughts rushing through her mind, her body still aching but finally, her pain medication kicked in. Her mother had left to get her own rest so she was left alone. She sighed, looking down at her arm that was still in a cast, then to her other arm which had the I.V drip in. She let out a long sigh, the sounds of her heartbeat monitor beeping rhythmically, it almost irritated her.