6. Korean (There Are Two Types)

Summary:

-Another Short Chapter

-No offense to anyone, 'tis fiction

-We get to slightly know about North Korea!

-The stoic North actually smiles!

-Kdramas at its finest 👌

__________________________________________

~Third Person's POV~

This was the moment of truth, North Korea, the North Korea feared by most people for some reason, chewing the dessert prepared in front of him before taking it all in with a swallow.

His mouth twitched, and Philip had to do a double take before the realization hit him. It was at this very moment he saw...

Smile?!

It's not fully a smile, but it was quite close to it. Small, but close.

It wasn't really the first time he smiled but to Philip, it looked like it was really the first time in forever.

Philip didn't even bother trying mask his shock, staring at the older teen with his mouth agape as if he grew a second head.

North quirked a brow at him in confusion. He should hide his annoyance too.

"What?" Mission failed successfully. He sounded like the man he is who didn't trust anyone!

Philip looked unaffected at the tone however, blinking back to reality. He gave him a sheepish smile.

"Sorry. It's just that, I've never seen you smile before," North blinked at him in suprise at his honest response, his one good eye slightly widening as he instinctively slapped his hand to his mouth, hiding the small smile that once showed there.

And at that action, Philip felt slightly dissapointed. So he did it unintentionally? South Korea wasn't kidding. Did North really lack the ability to feel emotions or did he just want to hide them completely?

"And you know, I think you should smile more often. It suits you," I sunk back in my seat nervously, awaiting for his next response. I mixed my dessert, letting it live up to it's name until it's fully mixed.

The very thought crossed over North's mind, pondering over the statement said with his eyebrows furrowing. He looked at his dessert unfocused.

'Me? Smile often? Is this guy for real...?' he thought it over, 'Shit-should I? South keeps telling me the same thing.'

He halted, mentally slapping himself in the face as Philip looked at him in shock at the sudden action, saying that an invisible guy probably slapped North.

'No, don't. Just-no.' he nodded slowly, satisfied with his own answer as he snapped back to reality with much more neutrality as if he totally didn't give himself an imaginative slap in the face.

He heaved a deep sigh clearing his thoughts about that opinion that was given to him by the filipino himself.

Admittedly, North Korea doesn't really like people who gives off their opinion, because mostly, it's just all negativity when it comes to his country really. South seems to be the only one who doesn't care about that and just focus on his brother and his brother alone, actually wanting to understand the other without so much as a terrible opinion in his way, just positive encouragement. It's not just that they were brothers, he's sure, South is an enigma.

After the shit they've been through, and by that he meant the Korean War, then things would've already went downhill for their relations. They would've already cut ties from the beginning and the word brother would be nothing but a foreign word for them.