Chapter 3: Birthday

Happy birthday to me. Yay! Sike, no one cares, and no one wished me a happy birthday besides my brother. I realized it is way past the time where I'm supposed to cook breakfast for everyone, but no one came to get me. Getting up out of bed, I was contemplating on what to wear. Going to my closet, I got out blue high waisted jeans, and a purple and grey shirt, with winter and fall trees combined in the middle of the shirt. It also had a moon on one side, and a sun on the other. I didn't want to leave my room, because I know today would be terrible. I put on my clothes, and walked to my vanity, looking in the mirror I didn't recognize the person staring back at me. I had bruises on my neck, temples, and eye. I wanted to cover those up, so I took my foundation and concealer, and put them on my bruises. I really wish I could get out of here because I don't think I could handle anymore abuse. After finishing my make-up, I walked out of my room, and while walking out I saw Janelle, and she was staring at my door mumbling something. "What are you staring at, slut" She said to me. "I wasn't even looking at you, I was walking to go make myself something to eat, it's my birthday." She looked at me with disgust. "Well I don't care, you still don't shift which doesn't make you like us." I wanted to cry, but I didn't want to let her see me cry, so I walked away.

I got down to the kitchen, and made myself some pancakes, when I felt a sharp pain. I wanted to scream, so I tried to hold it in. But I couldn't keep it in. I screamed so loud there was no sound coming out, or at least that's what I thought. The pain was so bad I couldn't see anything, my vision was blurry, and it was going black. I felt like every bone in my body was breaking. I didn't know what was going on. I was close to blacking out, when I felt myself being picked up, and bought outside.

The pain was getting worse, and I couldn't wait until it was over. My leg hurt so bad it felt like it broke into a million pieces. "What is happening to me?" I yelled at whoever was beside me. I tried to smell who it was, but everything was too powerful. Everything overwhelmed my senses in my path. I could see the path of the smell, hear the leaves fall off the tree, and smell the sap in the trees that wasn't fully developed. I didn't understand what was happening to me until I heard Alex say "You are shifting, if Alpha finds out about this they will turn you into the council, And I can't let that happen. I can hear him talking, but I can't say anything. I looked down and could see paws. What the fuck is going on. I tried to touch my face, but I licked it, and felt fur and a snout. I was scared, so I took off running to the smell of water. When I stopped I was at the lake right down the path of the garden. I looked in the water, and I saw a pure white wolf staring back at me. From what I know pure black wolves are rare and there was only one everyone has heard of. I guess I'm the second. This is impossible, my mother was a vampire, and my father was a brown wolf. There is no way I can be Black.

I felt my bones break again, and this time it didn't hurt as bad, and before I knew it I was back to human, but with my clothes on, which was also impossible because werewolves changed back with no clothes, because it gets torn in the shift. But when I looked back in the water, I didn't look like myself, my hair was white, my eyes were white too, my skin was lighter than usual, and I looked like a whole unique person. "Alex what happened?" He looked at me as I felt another wave of pain, but this time it was in my gums. When the pain was over, I put my hand over my mouth and felt razor-sharp teeth. But that wasn't all I was starving, and I could hear the blood running through Alex's veins, and I was getting hungrier while hearing it. I wanted to tear into his arm and drink his blood. "You shifted, twice." He said with a little fear in his voice. "I'm hungry, Alex, and I'm scared. I can hear the blood running through your body right about now. And don't get me started on how delicious it smells." He was about to say something, but he handed me his cut arm and I didn't know what he was doing. "Did you not hear what I say-" he cut me off saying "Yes I heard you I'm your brother and I'm not letting you starve any longer than you have to." So I grabbed his arm and hesitantly put my lips to the cut. I was so hungry and when his blood hit my lips, I sighed in relief that I finally got to eat something other than leftover food in front of the pack.

When I was done drinking his blood something else happened. I looked up and there was red lighting coming off of my body. What the hell is this? I thought. I could have sworn that my family was only vampires and werewolves, I guess I was wrong. I wanted the shifting to stop, but it wasn't over, when another wave hit me but this time, everything went white and then I could see me, with a little girl. I think I was seeing things from the pain. "Alex, can you hear me?" I called for my brother, but I got nothing back. By the time he could even say anything I was back to normal, just a girl that everyone could hit and beat on, but different, different. What the hell just happened.

It exhausted me. And I'm sure my brother would tell the Alpha and my father everything that just happened, so I was scared to go back to the pack house. When we got there, Alpha was outside, and he asked, "What the hell was happening out there. I saw red lighting, which I don't think was possible. And white light." It scared me he had figured out, but my brother said. "I don't know." Why was he protecting me? "What are you doing out here freak? Do you know the trouble you are in for that little stunt you pulled last night?" He said to me, but before I could say anything Alex answered. "Well, she shifted and I drug her out here so she wouldn't mess up anything in the house." It surprised me he did that for me. "She did? What was she, a wolf and a bloodsucker, or a wolf and one gypsy?" I was scared, so scared, but then my brother said those words that changed my life forever. "She's a hybrid." His mind linked me and said Run as fast as you can. They will come looking for you, but you need to find out how to use your power and make yourself invisible and mask your scent. So I ran and ran and ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I kept running, until I couldn't run anymore.

I was so scared that every rustle was making me paranoid. I didn't want to get caught, and I didn't know what the hell I was. Who really are my parents. Your parents are the most powerful beings there are. A voice said in my head. It scared me I wanted this to stop. But before that could happen, I felt fire on my skin, and stuff growing out of me. I grabbed the top of my head because it was hurting, when I grabbed it I felt something coming out of my scalp. And then I got a sharp pain in my tailbone, and that came out of my tail. What the fuck so I'm not only a vampire, wolf, witch, I'm also a demon, but a specific demon. I guess my brother was right. I am a hybrid. And I was wishing for it to stop, but it didn't. I heard rumbling from the ground beneath me, and I looked down, and I saw fire circling me. Before I could realize what was happening, I was falling into the ground, and I didn't stop falling until the air around me felt like it was on fire. It didn't bother me since I just turned into fire.

I swear I was still falling until I hit the ground with a loud thud. I thought I had broken every bone in my body, but come to my surprise I had broken the ground instead. I was walking to a tunnel; I had no clue where the hell I was going. I was just following my instinct, but I kept going in circles. I could feel the powerful pull, but I couldn't figure out which way it was coming from. That was when I heard this booming voice. I followed where it was coming from and what I saw was the scariest thing I have ever seen.