Prologue

Within the vast plains and territories of an empire that was built three hundred years ago, there was a legend that was passed down to younger generation -- a story about a brave knight who eventually turned into a villain because of love. It is a part of Ameria Empire's history and it's authenticity was never questioned. Why? Because the ruler of the land was the one in that legend -- the knight, who made a pact with the Dark Soul, was the cursed monarch that's ruling the empire for three hundred years until the present day.

           Empress Zolia Monique La Ameria, the sole ruler of the biggest and most powerful empire in the world. The empress who fought and won the great war that ruined the lands for twenty years. After hundreds of fight and bloodshed, a pact was made to form peace between the empire and the neighboring countries. One of the rules that was set is that the neighboring countries will give a male royal family member as a tribute to the empress to be her consort every ten years.

           It is said that the royals that was sent to be consorts are either dead because of other people's schemes or commits suicide because of loneliness. It sounds ridiculous but it was true. All of them was sent to the empire to win her majesty's favor but unfortunately, the empress always shut herself. No one knows what the empress really looks like for the past centuries. She always wear an armor that knights used and her voice was only heard by the prime minister that's helping her to govern the land. After the morning court session, she would go to her office and no one is allowed to enter that room. She's like an impenetrable wall that doesn't welcome anyone. The nobles fear her. The people are quite fond of the mysteries and stories about her. She's a breathing, living legend of her empire.

          Now, a proud, spoiled, good-for-nothing prince from a fallen country has entered the castle as one of her consorts. And instead of knowing his place, he decided to confront the empress. He wants to redeem his freedom and get his country back from the empress's grasp. After his nagging and useless whining, the stupid prince suddenly ran towards the empress and placed his hands on the empress's armor. He grab the head and forcely lift the armor to see the empress's face.

          Instead of an ugly hag with a lot of wrinkles, a maiden with a smooth and jade-like skin was shown. Her hair was a shade of yellow, orange and red -- it's auburn color was also reflected to her eyes. Her nose was slim and small like a sculpture from an artisan's masterpiece. Her cheeks are rosy from anger while her red lips was shut. She's radiating a beauty from a goddess but her eyes were bloodshot as if she wanted to kill the prince with her stares. The nobles that was there to witness the scene was so shocked that the silence will give shivers to anyone. The rumors about the empress being ugly and cursed was found untrue!