Chapter 6

A fairy? An angel? A goddess? No... Comparing herself to a goddess will definitely be a blasphemy to the Gods. Yet as she look her reflection to the mirror, that is definitely not a human. Her hair was a mixed shade of red, orange and gold -- a three colored hair was a symbol of a God's blessing. But to her surprise, her auburn eyes were sparkling like jewels -- literally.

        "Is this... me? No... No way! This is impossible!" Zolia pinched her cheeks and the pain stung her. "This is not a dream?"

         The face she grew up with was definitely a goblin's foot compare to this. White jade-like skin, soft and smooth with no blemishes and rosy cheeks. Her nose was slim and high, like a work of art. Her lips were small, thin yet pink as a ripe strawberry.

        "So... I really died and met the Gods? Wait... Would people recognize me with this face?"

        "My lady, why are you here? You're suppose to stay in bed and recuperate." Irina's voice thundered the room, making her shiver. She's scolding her like a five years old.

        "Irina? You... You can still recognize me?" Zolia's tears started to fall, her mixed emotions was suddenly overwhelming her.

         "What? What do you mean?" Irina held her shoulders to move her away and scan every angle of her face. "You're still the Zolia I know. You're still the most beautiful woman in the kingdom. Did something changed?"

         "What?" Zolia stared to Irina's eyes. The nanny's lips were shut yet she can hear Irina's voice inside her head, worried if she was okay and if something's bothering her. "I... I am okay."

         "Good. But... Why are you wearing a night gown? You should put on your clothes before strolling into the mansion. Your reputation will be ruined if someone will see you in that outfit!" Irina's voice was in a high pitch, yet the voice inside her head was soothing, thankful because she was fine.

        "I... I'm sorry. I should change immediately."

        With doubts brewing on her mind, Irina ushered her back to her room. Yes. Her appearance is the last thing she should be worrying about. Her father was in grave danger!

         The servants delivered her breakfast on her room. It was a bowl of chicken soup, bread and butter, and fresh milk as a drink. She doesn't have an appetite but she tried her best to finish the soup. She freshen up and instead of wearing a dress, she wore her uniform as a royal knight.

        "Are you going to the palace, my lady?" Irina asked.

         "Yes. I have some... news to deliver to His Majesty."

         "I... I see... So... You knew already." Irina clenched her fist, trying to stop her trembling.

        "Don't worry, Irina. I am going to protect you, father, and all of the people in our kingdom. Yes. I am not the crown princess anymore but I am going to try my best to save this country."

         "What? What do you mean, my lady?"

         "Prepare my carriage Irina. Thank you." She hold her sword and tuck it on her waist. She held her chin up, proud like a true soldier.

         "As you wish, my lady."

* * * *

        Within five minutes, she was riding the Ameria house's carriage, embark on her way to the palace. The coachman was trying his best to speed up, talking to his horses as if there life depends on it. The servants was scared. Zolia knew that and all she can do was to stay calm and feign composure.