Chapter 2

Zoya Romanovna's new look <3

I take a calming breath.

Pierce's smile on his face is like lighter fluid, igniting the burning torch that is my soul. I walk into the large arena with four girls sitting with wide stares on their faces.

I can't believe this is happening.

Me?

I couldn't think of a worse person for this fall-in-love, happily-ever-after fantasy.

My eyes lock with the unsuspecting women, having no idea what they are getting themselves into by participating. I hope Zora told them that this gets dangerous, it's not all about sparkles and a dashing prince's true love's kiss. I nod to Zora, who was in the middle of talking, and she points to me.

The room quiets.

"Everyone, this is Zoya, one of our own," she claps along with Pierce like they are taunting me. I don't smile as I sit in a plush white chair, Pierce going to stand by Zora, nodding at some girls. The large screen behind them shows the planet and tons of small pictures of the massive city—nightlife, parties, dancing, extravagance, perfect hair, and clothing.

A pin-up girl's dream.

"She works here?" A girl with caramel skin and blond hair says in my direction.

I give her a dry look, no motivation to answer her.

The headache that I have been dreading is tapping on my shoulder.

"Yes," Pierce winks at me. "It seems that Fate is making this interesting for us, but do not fret Alexa, you will have the same advantages as Zoya. You all will, and also experience your own set of obstacles. "

Oh yay.

Joy.

Happy to be here.

"Doesn't that give her more of an advantage? Having been working on the inside?" she asks, her voice sounding like she is repressing a very undesirable attitude.