Promise

CORAL MENTAL CARE,

MORNING,

THURSDAY
7:35am

Ding ding ding...

After the third beep, Lucas stepped out of the elevator and headed right to the dark and empty hallway. He walked silently his shoes making a clicking sound on the marble floor. The hallway had low light flickering on and off, the rooms on both sides were quiet as he walked past each of them. The doors were closed as if they were trying to conceal the horrible things despite the state of the patients occupying them. The hallway seemed to elongate with each step he took so he quickened his pace because he has a meeting with the other doctors and he'll need to get to the elevator at the end of the hallway to the fourth floor. He's currently in the second floor. His office is just around the next turning before reaching the elevator and he needs to drop his folders and also change into his doctor's outfit.
He has a lot of schedule and reports to email today. Today is also a special day, he's going to meet with Dr Ashley to request for permission allowing his patient step out of the facility with full assurance that she is ready to be exposed to the outside world as a new means of reformation process. Which means he would be solely responsible for any implications regarding the patient.

Lucas inserted the key and turned it, the door made a click sound slightly parting. Lucas pushed the door further and walked into the office. The office has a changing  room on the right as well as bathroom on the left, everything has been arranged and cleaned. The janitorial services here are very good at their jobs, they do their work neatly without leaving traces. Lucas placed the briefcase he was carrying on the table moving into the changing room, after some time he walks back into his office and sits on his chair.

Glancing at his watch, he would have loved to get a cup of coffee at the cafeteria but this is 8:30am. He has a meeting to attend so he stood up and walked towards the door, stopping to around the room once more if he would need to take something before he left. With one last glance, he walked out and locked the door heading straight to the elevator, pressed the button, after two seconds the door pulled sideways and he walked in leaving the doors to close behind him.

***************
8:45am

"Good morning everyone." Lucas walked into the conference room heading straight for the empty seat beside a blonde lady who turned her head to smile at him revealing neatly arranged sets of white teeth.

As soon as he walked in, all eyes were fixed on him. Some in disdain and some whispered to the others.
It's not a new sight. Lucas is very Handsome. Six ft tall with well built abs, his brown hair were always styled in curly waves and combed backwards, matching his grey eyes. He has a wide upper body moulded in muscles and biceps. His lower body isn't bad either. He is well built, built enough for any Lady to swoon into his arms.

Rumor has it that he slept his way right to the top when he was chosen over another sulky doctor to look after the multi-million dollar heiress in their facility for a year.

"Morning Lucas." Lucy beamed at him as soon as he sat down.

"How are you doing Lucy?"

"I'm great and you? You're looking hot today." She teased

"Don't flatter me Lucy, I know what you are up to." Winking at her

"So what's up with the emergency meeting today, anything wrong with any of the patients?"

"Nothing of the sort Lucas, I think they are trying to embark on a project with another organization. They'll be visiting our hospital to check on the patients as well as the   capability of the doctors."