Ch. 9: The Battle Trials

No One's POV

The next day, the birds were chirping, the sun was shining and there was a light breeze outside. Overall, the day seemed pretty good. Now, to the Aizawa household, Izuku was seen rubbing his eyes sitting up from his bed. He yawned and scratched his head before going to the bathroom to get ready. Once he came out, he was wearing a black shirt, black leggings, gray socks, and a dark blue sweater around his waist. He went to fix his hair and looked at himself. He saw his big black bags underneath his eyes signing that he hadn't gotten much sleep. He simply shrugged it off and started to brush his hair. Once he was satisfied with it, he got his bag, put his stuff in it, and went downstairs.

Izuku's POV

When I got downstairs, to my surprise, both of my parents were there. When I say that, I mean that it was my dad that surprised me, he was never awake this early. It was currently 7:45 am and we were all eating cereal. There was an awkward silence until Pa broke the silence.

"Soooo, I heard you got first in the quirk apprehension test, huh Izuku?"

"Yeah," I say before taking in a spoonful of cereal.

"Yeah, you did really well even though you just started the school year. You exceeded my every expectation, so good job," Dad says to me giving me a pat on the back.

"Thanks," I say before finishing my cereal.

I get out of my seat, take my dishes, and make my way to the sink. I proceed to wash them and dry them before putting them back in the cupboards. I turn around and see both of my parents chatting and taking occasional glances my way. Why? I have no idea.

I glance at the clock on the stove, 8:03 am. I turn back to my parents and say "I'll be upstairs if you need me" before going upstairs and into my room. I go to the table beside my table and sit down, taking out my notebook and pencil. Then, I start to write.

'Yelling at the sky
Screaming at the world
Baby, why'd you go away?
I'm still your girl
Holding on too tight
Head up in the clouds
Heaven only knows
Where you are now
How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?
I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost
Never got the chance
To say a last goodbye
I gotta move on
But it hurts to try
How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?
I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost
How do I love
How do I love again?
How do I trust
How do I trust again?
I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most
I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost'

I sigh and close my notebook, wiping the tears off my face. I put my pencil in the little cup on the right and open my middle drawer. I take my notebook and put it in the very back underneath the drawer so it is unseen. I look at the clock, it reads 8:27 am. I get out of my seat and go downstairs to leave with my parents.

I put on my shoes and take my backpack. I open the door for them and we all leave the house. I open the backseat door and go into the car, putting my backpack beside me. I buckle up and we take off to school.