Chapter 20: You Can Rest Now

"They got them Harry! They got them both... You can rest now. Amanda is ok, she survived the bullet wound. Rob collected the information that Mitchell had on the computers at work and made sure the feds got them. He was so sorry that he didn't know. It killed him that you were so deep and couldn't tell him. But I love you...always..." Rachel whispered into my ear; the choked back sobs made it difficult for her to get the words out and squeezed my hand. I wanted to wake up and hold her, kiss her. But then, the man I feared most came and darkness called to me; I let my soul leave.

Rachel had stayed with me for weeks, telling the doctors that she was my fiancée and would sometimes alternate with my parents. She explained to me what had happened while my eyes stayed closed. How Amanda was able to call for help and Mitchell had shot both Alec and Amanda as she was running towards the police. Alec faced the same fate as I am enduring, his went right though his heart and then the other bullet went through Amanda's abdomen. Mitchell apparently was being hailed as the mastermind behind it all and was blackmailing Alec. Not how it was actually, but when Amanda stopped the bodies being burned and stopped the data being deleted, it only deleted Alec's specific involvement. How it was possible, I'm not sure, but it worked out for the better. Mitchell betrayed us, and now he was going to pay.

The Park family was also going to pay as well, for it was also brought to light that the Park's had been harvesting students since the 1940s, 1945 to be exact. They were using the students for secret studies and experiments they claimed was sanctioned by the government, but of course there were no documents that existed to support the claim of government support. So, the academy being owned by the Parks was no more. They were carted off by the police much to the chagrin of Dr. Noreland. As a parting gift, Rachel's family bought it and named it after both Rachel and I, effectively removing Noreland and hopefully Angback. You see, my name was erased from those documents that Mitchell was trying to delete too. I guess I still had some luck after all. Stephen Alexander Mitchell's trial was set in about another week or two.

If today was any other day, I might still be alive, but my luck had run out, just as how Mitchell's and Alec's had run out to. I was glad that they were going to pay for their role in all of this. And before you say that I got off Scott-free... I didn't. My life was over before I actually got to really live it with the woman that I loved. I have to watch her from afar as she lives, and I die. But I still got to know love with her, and that I will take to the grave.