Me and the supposedly young actor, strolled against the human tide. We walked against the current of people trying to get out of the door.

We neared the stage, passing rows of empty seats. I felt nervous as everyone streamed out. I would be left alone with this man I didn't even know. I tried to reassure myself. There would be more actors backstage. All of sudden I felt worried for something else. I was worried I would make a fool out of myself in front of these actors.

We passed the steps that led up to the golden stage. The man just passed right beside them. I stop in surprise.

"Wait why are we not going up the steps? We need to get behind the curtains to get backstage!" I remark. The man looked back at me in confusion.

"That's not the way to get backstage," he clarified with a smile. "We have to take the side door that will bring us to the room with the props and costumes!"

I look at him suspiciously. I did not trust him. I never heard of a side door that led backstage. I always thought you had to go through the curtains. Yet I was only ever the person watching it. Besides, I barely knew anything about acting. I wonder why I loved acting if I didn't even know how it works.

"I believe you" I mutter, pursing my lips. He smiled and continued walking. I had more time to study him. He had dirty blonde hair, yet it wasn't slicked back. He had brown chocolate brown eyes. I had to admit, he looked attractive. In fact, he wore very loose clothing, unlike most men. He had more of a rugged look. I try to shake the thought away.

Apparently, he was right, there was a backdoor that was attached to the far end of the stage. He opened it with ease. The door swung open and we stepped inside.

The room was big, like a quarter size of the stage. The only reason it looked small, was it was stacked to the brim with stuff. Rows of rackets filled one side of the room. On them hung outfits, dresses and slacks. The left side of the room filled with boxes. props and assortment of decorations. On the opposite end, there was a door that I guess led out to the main part of the stage. Yet I didn't see how anyone would get through all this stuff. Yet remarkably, he started picking his way towards the racks of dresses.

"Are you coming?" he asked, for I was still at the doorway.

"Where are the other actors? I ask.

"They are in the green room.' he replied, and continued picking his way towards the rack.

"What is the green room?" I say.

"Oh" He said, realizing I didn't know. "It's a room where actors get ready or lounge after there act is done."

"I thought this was where you guys got ready." I said.

He chuckled, "This is a storage room. We keep costumes and props that we will need in the future." He then placed his box he was carrying on a stack of boxes.

I sighed. There was so much I didn't know. I slowly made my way toward him. I had to push boxes and things aside while taking big steps over objects in the way. It's pretty hard when you're trying to hold your dress together. The man was already going through the racks of dresses.

Finally, I made it to him. I stood next to him, yet we stood on a tiny square space that did not have anything on the ground. I felt very boxed in.

He pulled out a dress. It was white with silk lining. The front was loose with lace. I Immediately fell in love with the dress. I snatched it out of his hand.

"This is beautiful! Can I borrow this one?" I pleaded, holding it up to the light.

"Uhh" he faltered, uncertainly. "You can't borrow this one. This is for the play Romeo and Juliet. This is Juliet's dress"

Juliet's dress? It looked amazing. I frown in disappointment. I then hand the angel's dress back to him.

I search for a conversation as both of us begin sorting through the racks.

"So....what is your name?" I ask. I probably should have asked earlier. It seemed like the polite thing to do.

"Richard," he answered "Yours?"

"My name is Ellen," I replied, twisting my fingers nervously.

"Nice to meet you, Ellen" he proclaimed, with a lopsided smile. The way he smiled. My cheeks suddenly felt warm.

I grab a plain green dress from the racket and examine it.

"This will do!" I murmur. "Is that ok?"

Richard leaned close to take a look. The small space between us made my whole face red.

"Yes! We never even use this dress anymore. You can keep it," he confirmed.

"Great!" I announce! All of a sudden I remembered something. "Uh....I need to change into this...."

Now it was his turn to blush. "I'll just turn around?..." he suggested awkwardly.

"What? No! I'm not letting you be in the same room as me!" I Defended, pointing toward the door.

Poor Richard looked even more embarrassed. He nodded and left the room.

I then stood in the small room, very alone. I strip my ripped dress off my body and fling it to the side. Next I grab the green dress and start pulling it over my body. The petticoats of the dress had only two layers. My mother would not be impressed. Yet it was basic enough for me. The dress itself looked a bit too big for me. the front dripped a bit too low. It would have to do.

All of a sudden, the door that led to the stage burst open! My first reaction is a scream as a person bursts into the small cramped room.

"AAGh!" The person screamed and toppled over! I quickly try and pull the rest of my dress up. Suddenly Richard rushes in from hearing all the commotion.

"What is going on?" He yells in worry. "Is someone hurt?"

The person who barged in, stands up. He looks older than Richard, probably by five years. He also looked different. Unlike Richard's Unique style, This guy looked like the typical man of the century..

"Eddie?" Richard questioned, as we all now stood in the room.

"It's Edward," Edward glared, then slowly turned into a smirk. "What are you doing with this girl?"

"Uh, it's complicated." Richard replied looking down at the ground.

I could tell there was tension between these two. They felt like they had past experiences before. Edward raised his eyebrows that strangely reminded me of my father. Just take away the wrinkles.

Richard stared intensely at Edward. "I will be walking Ellen home now-"

"No, I can walk home by myself" I insist.

"Don't walk with Richard. He isn't right in the head."

Edward smirked.

"Oh shut up, your a stupid fairy." Richard retorted.

"Fairy?" I question.

"Oh Edward played as one of the fairies in the play" he added.

"Oh" I giggle. Edward's eyes light up in flames. I suddenly felt like we needed to leave. Richard sensed that too.

"Well I guess Ellen and I have to go home now,"he exclaimed, and started dragging me toward the door. As we left the small cramped room, I could still feel Edward's eyes on me.

----

➳➳➳➳

Vote and comment!