ー4

trigger warning: mentions of drugs and abuse

Eun- with no recollection of how she had gotten there- sat straight up in bed as her head throbbed with agony, which wasn't a new feeling

Her eyes were weighed down by bags bigger than a model packing for Paris, and her mind was slow and groggy as she shook away the remains of her forgotten dream.

Squinting as the light that filtered through her windows blinded her, Eun's face contorted with exhaustion as she itched to fall back asleep and never wake up.

Feeling as is the air was a thousand pounds and trying to force her back into bed, Eun lazily glanced around, seeing the small, barren room that surrounded her, which summoned a sad breath to fall from her lips.

Her gaze was met by grey, peeling walls, which was accompanied by dust, crumbs, and small, sharp objects that littered the floor like they belonged there, which, at this point, Eun wouldn't argue with.

Tiny shards of glass from numerous broken alcohol bottles turned the seemingly harmless, scratched floor into a dangerous game of The Floor is Lava, but it wasn't fun- not at all.

The thick, unbearable scent of smoke drifted through the air, and Eun gagged to herself, pinching her nose to rid her senses of the putrid scent that trapped her, but it was as if she could taste it, forcing her eyes to begin to water subtly.

Her room had torn, raggedy posters decorating her room, and she was unsure of how they had even ripped- she blamed her step-father, but there was no way she could tell.

Her window sported tattered, partially broken blinds that were too short for her strangely small windows, but they were the best she could afford, so she left them be, despite her desire to replace them.

And, of course, home wouldn't be home without the venomous arguing that rived through the thin walls of their apartment- voices recognizable as her mother and father.

Their screaming made her flinch, and, especially with her drastic hangover, caused her head to pulse with misery as their retorts and insults bounced around her brain- injecting her brain with a toxic poison that no parent should inflict on their child.

"You have a fucking attitude issue, you know that?" Her mother whined, her left eye probably twitching like it always did when she was arguing.

"Ever wondered why? News flash, because of your bitching!" Her step-father screeched back, his words bellowing over her's.

"You little piece of absolute-"

Eun quickly squeezed her eyes shut- as if that would block out their cries.

Eun pursed her lips together, shaking her head to rid her mind of the pessimistic thoughts that ran through her head, but she was grateful that her older brother- Johnny- wasn't involved in the argument.

Deciding that sitting around in bed would do nothing for her, Eun swung her legs over the edge of her bed, feeling her headache get much worse- feeling as if someone was using her head for hammering-practice.

As she swiftly, yet sluggishly, forced herself to stand, she was forced to seek balance by supporting her shifting weight on the wall with her hand as a mini, imaginary earthquake shook the ground beneath her- courtesy to the devilish drinks she had the night before.

A sea of black dots crawled over her vision, and she rapidly tried to blink them away, yet they refused to disperse from her sight as she stared at her dirty, grey wall- watching them dance.

Lightheaded, the girl clung to the wall like it was her lifeline, yet she pushed off of it when she trusted her feet enough to walk- or rather, stumble.

Staggering towards the wall opposite to her, which was not a long walk, the girl practically fell to the ground in front of it as she let out a long sigh, Eun found herself staring at a rather small heap of clothes.

It was all of the garments she owned, but it wasn't much; there was only enough for about three outfits, but she didn't mind too much- she was never a shopper.

Fingers lazily tip toeing towards it, the girl uncovered a small, brown evolve that was about the size of her forearm, feeling the despairingly tiny bulge.

She had concealed it under her laundry to hide it from her family, for she knew that any member of her family wouldn't think twice before stealing her hard-earned rewardings.

Inside was an accumulation of her hopes, and to add to that pile, the girl stuffed her hand within her front pocket, fingers clasping over a thin, green paper that she loved too much.

Delicately drawing it out, Eun propped open the envolope to reveal $426, which was all she had for food, necessities, and a dream to run away from her apartment- from her family.

However, with such a microscopic fortune, the bag mostly consisted of daydreams. That would have to be enough to get her out of here.

Internally counting what she had fetched from her hand, the girl sighed miserably as she counted merely $1.26. Disappointed by her failure to bring in more cash, Eun's heart clenched with disparity as she stared down at the small amount of money, but she stuffed it in the bag nonetheless.

Alerting the girl, the thunderous stomping of her step-father caused Eun to jump, and, eyes widening, she immediately stuffed the envelope under her clothes once again- pushing herself away from the pile to appear less suspicious.

"Where's the little whore, huh?!" The man seethed, his fingers loudly rattling with her doorknob.

Heart pounding in her ears, the girl's chest rose and fell with anxiety as she forced herself to her feet, watching as a show of black shapes dashed through her vision- just as frantic as Eun herself.

Head cracking with pain, Eun watched with horror as her step father blasted into her room, making her wince at his vicious action.

His eyes were blood shot, clothes riddled with filthy holes whilst large, dark circles hung around his eyes from lack of sleep. His face gruff after forgetting to shave, the man sported a stained, white T-shirt that clung loosely to his thin, skeletal body as his beastly eyes glared at her.

Hair matted by sweat and grease after refusing to shower for days on end, the putrid scent of body Oder and various drugs wafted off of him like his own personal deodorant, but Eun couldn't stand the scent- it drove her to insanity.

Eun's instincts screamed at her to run, but she couldn't; she was frozen in place as she weakly stared at the man, throat dry as a lack of choice left her feeling utterly vulnerable, and she couldn't stand such a feeling.

Her hands shook subtly as her eyes locked on him, and her neck was coated by a clammy, sticky layer of sweat as she watched his lips quirk into a malevolent smirk.

He was high- which wasn't unusual.

He was dangerous when he was high.

Adrenaline surging through her body, terrified tears welled in her eyes upon instinct- knowing what was to come, and knowing she could no nothing about it.