Cafe AU: Chapter one

Dave let out a sigh as he pushed open the door to the cafe. He had just finished disposing of a body! Lovely. Now he had come into the cafe to get something to drink, probably coffee or tea, something normal. He strolled over to the order counter, hands behind his back as he stood in line. It wasn't too busy, but wasn't too empty either, it was nice honestly, not too much chaos, but not completely silent to the point where it's uncomfortable, a perfect balance for the aubergine man. As he looked at the menu to see what he wanted, something orange caught his eyes. One of the waiters, who were currently serving a small family at a table. He stared at the other male, taking in his features. The man himself was orange, with darker orange freckles on his arms and face, his fluffy hair swooped to the side as he wore black attire with a white apron. Huh, another Person with oddly colored skin! Interesting...his eyes lingered on the male before looking back at the line, which it was his turn to order, stepping forward he eyed the cashier with his white pupils.
"Just give me dark coffee."
He said with his usual unamused voice and poker face, the cashier nodded as Dave payed, then walked over to a empty booth and sat down, taking out his phone and scrolling through Reddit as he waited for his coffee to be delivered to him. His mind drifted to the orange fellow he saw earlier, he looked interesting, maybe a potential friend? Who knows, Dave..really needed friends, he really didn't have friends, besides Henry but ah- he died years ago. He saw movement out of the corner of his eye, making him look up and away from his phone. And won't you look at that? It was the orange male, coming over to give him his coffee. Honestly the smaller male had a resting bitch face, heh, typical. Dave sat up a bit, watching the man put the coffee down on the table then look at him with a raised brow.
"Dark coffee, right?"
Dave was slightly taken aback by how smooth the male's voice sounded..Christ Dave stop thinking about that. He mentally shook his head and nodded, glancing at the steaming cup for a moment before looking back at the orange male.
"Yeeep. Say, whats ya' name, old sport?"
Dave said with a curious raised brow, of course that sounded fucking weird of him to ask, but I mean, he really doesn't know how to start conversations, he's a introvert after all, starting conversations weren't exactly his thing. The orange male raised a confused brow but shrugged it off and actually answered, which was surprising to Dave, but reliving nonetheless.
"Jack..why do you ask?"
Jack asked, a questioning expression on his face as he stared at Dave with those same white pupils. Dave stared at jack for a while, getting lost in thought before snapping back into reality and answering the orange male's question.
"Honestly I don't know, I'm just really fucking lonely and need a friend, the name's Dave by the way."
He put it bluntly, jack seemed to just blink at that and stifle a small laugh. God that was adorable, SHIT DAVE STOP- he shook his head rapidly, blinking a few times as he felt his stomach have a few butterflies. Sheesh, what was up with him?? He huffed, staring at jack with his arms crossed.
"Well, I guess I could also use a friend, I don't really have many to be honest."
Dave seemed to pipe up at that, a smile spreading across his aubergine colored face, amazing! That was actually pretty easy, he nodded and took out a piece of paper, and a pen! Nice, he keeps a lot of things on him, necessities! He then scribbled something down on the paper, jack raising a curious brow and trying to see what he was writing, Dave then looked back at the orange male and giddily handed it to him. It was..Dave's phone number! Nice, jack took it with a little bit of widened eyes before smiling softly.
"Wanna meet up after my shift? We could just go places and get to know each other, yknow, friendship development n all."
Jack commented, slipping the piece of paper into his pocket before eyeing the aubergine man who just gulped down the entire thing of coffee in one go. He then nodded energetically, he was slightly shaking from how excited he was, an actual potential friend!
"Sounds good! What time do you get off of work? You can call me and I can come pick you up."
Dave said with a large sharp toothed grin, jack tapped his fingers on the table for a moment, his mind wandering as well as his gaze before snapping back into reality and looking at Dave.
"2:00 pm, that sounds good."
The orange male said with a nod, straightening back up as Dave nodded, Dave was looking forward to this! Finally, someone he could talk to, and jack was looking forward to it as well! He may not have shown it as much as Dave did, but he really was looking forward to getting to know Dave better.
"Alright! I'll see you there, sportsy!"
Dave chirped as he pushed himself up and grabbed the empty coffee cup, giving a playful wink towards jack, who stifled a few blinks in reply to that before leaving, throwing the cup in the trash and humming happily as he skipped to his car, he was overjoyed! Excited even, this was the start of something much, much bigger, he just didn't know it yet.
Soon enough he would.

———————————————-
Aaaaaaaa little AU a friend of mine thought up for me and I personally really love it, these two are just so adorable together and I couldn't help but write about them,,,next one I'm writing is a AU me and a couple of friends made! I'll write a nice story for that AU, then I'll come back and continue the cafe AU, these two AU's will alternate, I another chapter for one AU, and then I wrote another chapter for the other AU! I'll see you all then! And thank you all so so much for all the support!
Chow!