Chapter 2

Blu entered the nice hooman's garden the next day. She beckoned to Tornado, telling her to follow. Nightfang walked through the food hatch and met them in the centre of the garden. He nodded to Blu, but ignored her friend. She would only roll her eyes at an introduction. He spoke, "I'm surprised Tornado decided to show up. Are we all ready?"

Tornado glared at him, "I'd never let my friend go on a 'quest' alone OR with a surprisingly hostile stranger." Nightfang returned her gesture. The storm coloured cat was a right nuisance, to him at least. Blu didn't seem to think so, for instance.

"Fine, now lets get going. I'm taking the rudeness as a yes. I think we should head that way," the yellow eyed tom cat snapped back. He pointed to the edge of a forest nearby with his front right paw. This was the way he thought they should go. 

Tornado rolled her eyes, but replied, "Fine. Come on Blu, let's get this over with." She set off, without looking to see if Nightfang had followed. Let's just say the black tom cat was not keen on her. Blu nodded her head at him, as if to say sorry. Nightfang accepted the apology. Not even stormy grey Tornado could force his spirits down today. He was heading to the five cities with Blu, and soon he would see the Draconic dance in the air, their wing speed so far out that they would cast shadows ten miles long. It would be beautiful. Tornado would soon realise that she had been wrong. Surely she would.

🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿Time skip brought to you by Derek the nice hooman🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿🧍🏿

The endless journey had tired all cats but Tornado. She seemed energised by the fact that they had found no clues that the five cities existed. Nightfang spat at her whenever she was not looking, which was a lot of the time. He to seemed to waver in his efforts to search for evidence, even the stormy cat had kept watch at first. Only Blu remained strong both mentally and physically. 'She must be magic!' Nightfang thought. The calico may have been at the back of the little line the gang had formed, but that did not mean she wasn't the most true to the task ahead. 

Nightfang slowed his pace so that it matched Blu's, then asked, "How long have you believed?"

"Believed what?" Blu replied, her tricolour pelt glistening in the sun.

"Believed in the five cities, and the Draconic." The black tom's green eyes widened in surprise. Why had she not known what he was referring to? Had she been to wrapped up in her searching?

"Oh, sorry. Since I was two months old, that was when my mother told me the tale. I was Aqua then..." She looked down at her paws at mention of the name, her blue eyes did not look up again.

"I've believed since I was a year old, none of my family believed. It made it difficult to find out the tale." Nightfang avoided the topic of Blu's old name, it had clearly touched a spot.

"Oh. You're wondering why my name used to be Aqua, and why I changed it. I can tell."

"No, no!"

"I changed it after my mother died. I was six months old at the time. I still had my father, aunt and uncle. They let me change it. I never liked my old name, you see. I preferred Blu. But my mother didn't like it..." The calico looked up now, and her eyes were more black than blue. The fun loving cat had been replaced with one that dragged its paws along the dirt for they had now energy, one whose fur seemed to be weighing her down. But Nightfang knew she still had fun somewhere in her, yet he made no effort to cheer her up. They carried on in a silence that seemed to choke.