what date?

The sounds of birds chirping outside, along with Atsumu's loud music from the other room, wakes Osamu from his deep slumber, slightly irritating him. "So damn noisy," he grunts, glaring at the walls.

His eyesight still a blur, he narrows his eyes to check the time. 8:07AM, it says. "Who the hell plays Ponponpon this early," he complains, "Oh yeah,'Tsumu does."

"Wakey wakey, Osamu," he hears his mother's voice muffled by the walls.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she greets as she opens the door. "Oh, you're already awake, Osamu," she says, smiling.

"Yes, Mom. 'Tsumu's too noisy," he complains, but she only responds with a chuckle.

"Go downstairs, breakfast is ready. And since you'te already awake, tell your brother too, alright?" she tells him before leaving.

"But Mom," he groans.

He reluctantly does as he was told and gets out of his room. "Hey, 'Tsumu, get out, breakfast is ready," he has to raise his voice thanks to Atsumu's annoyingly loud music.

"Okay!" Atsumu yells, strangely obeying and turning down the music. Now Osamu suspects that something's up.

"Ready for yer date, 'Samu?" Atsumu asks after opening the door.

"Actually, yes. I really am going on a date. Did you think I lied?" He smirks, crossing his arms as well.

"Oh?"

"Boys, get downstairs already!" their mother exclaims, growing impatient.

"Yes, Mom," they say in chorus.

If there's someone that can stop the twins from their petty quarrels, before Aran, it'll always be their mother. "Mom, what's for breakfast?" Atsumu asks as he steps down from the staircase.

"I made Oyakodon," their father answers, already in his usual seat.

"Oh!" Osamu mouths. The two quickly sit down, both hungry.

Itadakimasu!

"You really love oyakodon, Osamu," their mother comments, "Just like your dad," she adds, then glances at him.

"It's the first thing I taught him. He's a natural cook," their father compliments.

"Still not as good as you, Dad," Osamu says.

"Last year, everyone wanted to be groupmates with him in home economics," Atsumu adds.

"Yeah, even your fans ditched you," Osamu chuckles.

"Oh? Fangirls?" their parents both repeat.

"Like your fanclub?" his mother asks, surprised.

"I have a bigger fanclub, Mom," Atsumu flaunts, smiling.

"No, you don't."

"I do!" Atsumu insists, but the quarrel gets interrupted by the sound of Osamu's ringtone.

"Get that later," their father says.

"Oh? His date must be waiting for him," the blonde says, causing Osamu to panic.

"What date?" their mother asks, equally as surprised as their father.

"What date?" Meanwhile, in the Tsutsui residence, Suiren is stuck, completely clueless with what to wear. "What date?" Sumi, her sister, asks again.

"It's just a friendly thing," Suiren corrects.

"But you're taking so long with what to wear, Nee-san," Sumi points out.

"Can you help me though, Sumi-chan?" she requests. "This one, or this one?" she asks, pointing.

"They're both short dresses, it doesn't matter," Sumi comments.

"What do you think? Gray one or mustard yellow one?" Suiren asks.

"Oh please not the yellow one, Nee-san. You're too tan."

"I'm tan because I'm in track and field," Suiren explains, "I like tanned me."

That's how Suiren ended up in a mustard yellow dress, paired with a brown cardigan plus her favorite ankle boots.

Osamu, on the other hand, had no problem choosing his outfit, just grabbing whatever felt right. After hanging his small black bag on his shoulder, he heads to the front door. Atsumu looks at him from head to toe, judging his sense of fashion.

"You're going on a date in that?" he mocks, visibly weirded out.

"Huh?" Osamu mumbles and looks at himself in the mirror. A dark gray shirt tucked in his denim pants.

"Nothing," Atsumu says, "Good luck lover boy."

"Whatever, 'Tsumu," Osamu groans. "I'll be going now," he announces, just loud enough to be heard by his parents.

"Take care!" his mother exclaims.

"Hyogo Shopping Center," he mumbles, recalling the way there. It's the place they agreed upon since it's just nearby.

Meanwhile, for Suiren, she's already near the entrance of the mall, looking around to spot a grey-haired boy with a deadpan face like here. "Did I get the time wrong?" she asks herself, glancing at her watch.

"I think he said 11AM," she murmured, a pout slightly forms on her lips.

She looks to her left for the second time and she's finally greeted by a pair of grey-colored eyes. "Osamu-san, hello," she greets as her face suddenly lights up.

"Hey, did I keep ya waiting?" Osamu asks the moment he sees her.

He's quite astonished with the effort she put on. Atsumu questioning his outfit lingers on his head, making him realize that maybe, he should have put more thought to this date.

"No, you didn't. I was simply too early," she answers, her dress slightly fluttering as she turns around.

"Ah, I see," he mumbles, looking at her from head to toe.

"What do you think of it, Osamu-san?" she asks, noticing his gaze at her body.

"Yellow fits you," he compliments, his stare quite fixated on her thighs.

"Grey also fits you, Osamu-san," she returns the compliment, "It's a good match to your hair and eyes," she adds with a soft smile.

"Oh? Really? You think so?" He remains doubtful, all thanks to Atsumu earlier.

"Yes, very much," she confirms. "Should we go inside now, Osamu-san?"

"Yeah, sure," he mumbles an answer, the faint tint of red on his cheeks goes unnoticed.