daisies

Osamu's ready for his first actual date with Suiren. He already picked his clothes the night before, he browsed the internet for things to do in the park, and he even had a few ideas in mind about restaurants nearby. He's fully prepared an hour before the time but, on the Tsutsui residence, his date hasn't even changed yet.

"Mother, I really need to go out today," Suiren reasons, her poker face nowhere near the angered expression she has on.

"Suiren, it's a family emergency. You need to watch the kid, it's just for today. You can do your plan tomorrow instead," her mother scolds.

"Where's Sumi?" she asks.

"Suiren, stop being so hard-headed. Just watch over him. Your aunt needs me," her mom says before rushing out.

"Mom!" she calls out but it's too late.

"I'm sorry 'Samu," she sighs before bringing out her phone. "Oh, not you, Mr. Cat. The actual 'Samu," she adds and glances at the cat sitting on the box.

tsutsuisui sent you a message!

It alerts Osamu quickly and he notices the loud notification bell.

tsutsuisui: Hi Osamu. Something came up with my family. I can't go out. I'm very sorry.

miyaosamu: what happened? you ok?

tsutsusui: Yes. I'm ok. I just need to babysit my cousin.

miyaosamu: babysitting?

tsutsusui: Yes. He's a 4 year old.

miyaosamu: aw

tsutsuisui: I'm very sorry. I can't go out.

miyaosamu: should I come over then? haha

tsutsuisui: Oh

miyaosamu: its a joke chuunchun

miyaosamu: dont mind me

tsutsuisui: Do you want to come over?

miyaosamu: im kidding chuunchun

tsutsuisui: Do you want to?

And that's why, roughly fifteen minutes later, Osamu arrived in front of her house, with a small bouquet of flowers on his hand. He looks around for a bit, observing the two-storey house and the nameplate, Tsutsui.

"A pretty name and a pretty house," he comments before knocking at the door. He's hopeful she'd like the flowers, or that's at least what Atsumu advised. He gave a few tips after the free custard.

In a span of seconds, he hears the door unlock and swing open, and he finally sees his most-awaited view of the day, her face. Bare and untouched, no trace of makeup.

"Hey, Chuunchun," he greets her with a smile, presenting the bouquet.

"Osamu, hi," she says as she looks up at him, then at the flowers.

"Are those, um, daisies?" she asks, her poker face is back again.

"Yeah, it's for you," he says, then hands it to her.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"A- Achoo!" She covers her mouth and turns to her side. "Achoo!"

"Chuunchun? Chuunchun?"

"I'm- Achoo! I'm allergic," she admits, then goes to the living room to get some tissues. She felt her eyes get teary and she realizes the mess she quickly became.

"Oh," he mouths.

"Achoo!"

"Oh!" He just realizes what's going on, and he looks left and right to see where he could put the flowers.

"I'm sorry, Chuunchun, I didn't know."

"It's okay, it's oka-- Achoo!"

"Can you, can you get my medicine?" she asks, before another loud sneeze. She feels her throat itch, perhaps one of the worst symptoms of her allergy.

"Yeah, yeah! Where is it?" he asks, a little panicked.

"Kitchen cupboard, the green jar," she instructs.

"Nee-chan?" As if things couldn't get any more messier, a small boy half her height comes down from the stairs, calling her.

"Nee-chan?" he repeats, then walks to the couch. "Are you okay?" the boy asks.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry."

"Are you okay though?"

"Nee-chan is okay, just allergies," she reassures.

"Go back to my room, I know you're still sleepy," she says.

"Achoo!"

"Is this it?" Osamu, who just came out from the kitchen, asks.

"Who- Who are you?!" the boy exclaims, then walks in front of Suiren, as if she needed protection from this six foot tall stranger who mysteriously appeared from the kitchen.

"Who? Who are ya?" he returns the question, completely forgetting she's babysitting in the first place.

"I'm Tsutsui Daiji! Who are you, Mister?! Who is he, Nee-chan?!"