1 | the rain

Rain. The only thing that brought me comfort. I could lie outside all day in the rain and no one would bother me. It gives me a sense of serenity and peace. However rain does not last forever sometimes only for a matter of minutes other times for a matter of hours.

You see when your in foster care bouncing from house to house, family to family it can get real lonely. No one wants a sassy, moody, hormonal teenager. Most people want a quiet toddler who doesn't talk back or give attitude. At this point I've been in the system for 7 years. But the 7 years before I have no clue who I was.

All I remember is waking up in a hospital bed alone with only one police officer and my social worker no family no friends. For all I know I could of been the daughter to a wealthy happy family or a poor abusive one but that doesn't matter now because no matter how hard I try I can't remember.

The police have tried to find some sort of relative for me but either I have none or they don't want me but either way I've survived 7 years so far without them so I can survive 4 more until I can finally leave this hell hole. Yes I have a roof over my head and food to eat and clothes on my back so for that I am grateful. But there is no love nor affection being an unwanted teenager. I do have friends but a lot of the time I can't go anywhere with them due to the fact that I have no money to go anywhere and I am rarely allowed to go due to my behaviour.

"Eve," I hear faintly due to my blasting music. I decide to ignore the person who is calling me as well I want to. Suddenly someone shakes me and shouts again "Eve." I sit up from lying on the ground soaking but nevertheless angry that my social worker had disturbed me. "Yes," I answer with a hint of annoyance looking up at her through my hair which is now covering my face. "Hurry I have good news, now come inside get dried up and come to my office I have something very important to tell you!" At hearing this I got up apprehensively considering that I never get good news.

Finally turning the corridor where my room was located I entered my small box room to grab clothes to get changed into. I decided on a pair of skinny black jeans and a white crop top that said coca cola on the front and the only pair of shoes I owned my red high top converse. After quickly drying my long brown hair I plugged my earphones back into my iPhone 6 and played my music again at full blast.

Upon entering my social worker Fiona's office I also saw a police officer and immediately my heart rate spread up and my breathing became uneven. Police where never good all the times that I had interacted with them always ended with me in trouble or bad news. "Come take a seat Eve," Fiona said sweetly from behind her desk. I shakily walked over to one of the seats in front of her desk and sat down. "So I can only assume that you are confused as to why you are here right now," Fiona said in a calm voice "well I mean yeah," I replied nervously with a small laugh at the end. "Well as I said previously I have some good news we have been able to find a relative who is willing to take you in!" At hearing this my jaw dropped and time slowed down. I couldn't believe it after all of these years they'd found a relative who was willing to take me in. All I could hear was a now buzzing sound in my ears and the faint voice of Fiona rambling on. "Eve are you listening," she said bringing me out of my trance. "Um yeah go ahead," I replied "Well as I was saying we have found you a relative a brother to be precise you also have four more brothers so five in total." I had brothers five brothers that actually wanted me maybe even love me, they might even know what caused me to loose my memory. "So your legal guardian is called Zayn who is 27, then Shea( Shay) who is 25, then Ace who is 21, Javier who is 18 and Tadgh (T-hard a -g) who is 17." I couldn't believe it after all these years I had a family who could care for me.

Finally after 5 minutes of me processing this news I spoke up "um where do my brothers live" I asked with curiosity. " That's actually a good question they live in New York America."
"WHAT I can't move to America that's half way across the world Ireland is too far away no I can't go," I shouted out of surprise. Fiona took a deep breath and then replied "Yes I know that it is very far away but your brothers have already agreed to take care of you and that is why the police officer is here to accompany you from Ireland to New York." I knew that after this there was no room for argument and to just accept that I was going to have to move across the world and start afresh in America.

"So now that everything's sorted your flight leaves in approximately 6 hours so I need you to go pack quickly and then you and Officer Steel can be on your way!" Fiona said over enthusiastically. I quickly got up without even replying and got out my phone to ring my best friend of 6 years.

(E- Eve R-Reina)
E- Hello.... Reina
R- What's up
E- I have something to tell you and I don't know how to say it
R- Well whatever it is it can't be that bad
E- Rei they found relatives In going to live with them
R- OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU where do they live
E- Um this is the hard part they live in America and my flight is in 6 hours
R- Oh..... well I'm on my way now I'm coming to see you I can't let you leave without one last goodbye
E- Ok just ring the doorbell when you get here
R- That's fine bye see you soon
E- See you soon

I could already feel the tears pricking my eyes like thorns. I was trying to pack all my stuff not like I had much anyways but the tears where blurring my vision. This place was all I'd ever known and now I was leaving for good. Every memory that I had was from here and now they'd be gone.

Just as I had finished shoving the last of my stuff in my suitcase the doorbell rang and I quickly ran down the stairs to the front door. I opened the door quickly and there stood my best friend with tears streaming down her face. I quickly embraced her in a hug and she hugged me back tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much," she whispered sorrowfully "and I'll miss you to." We stayed like this for about 5 minutes before she pulled away and pressed something into my hand. I looked down to see a scrap book that said memories of me and you on the front. Quickly undoing the bow at the side I opened the scrap book to see pictures of me and her laughing and having fun with writing under each picture. Flipping through the pages I felt the tears roll down my cheeks as I finally realised that I would most likely never see her again. "This was supposed to be your birthday present but since your moving away I figured that I would give it to you now so that you can remover all the fun times that we had." At hearing this I once again wrapped my arms around her in a tight embrace not willing to let go. That was then the front door opened and the police officer and Fiona appeared in the doorway with my suitcase. "It's time to go Eve say your final goodbye," At this point I was crying waves I looked at Reina and said "goodbye" and hugged her one last time before being escorted to a police car to take me to the airport.

As the car started to drive off with Officer Steel driving Fiona in the passenger seat and me in the back I looked out the window and waved my final goodbye to Reina who was getting back into her parents car. During the 30 minute car drive to Dublin airport I flicked through the scrapbook and re read all of the messages that had bee in written under each and every picture. I also texted everyone goodbye and told them of my moving to America and how I would kiss them in which they all responded with that they would miss me too.

Finally arriving at the airport I said my final goodbye to Fiona and even though through the years I had hated her at points I found myself getting emotional and wishing that I didn't have to leave. We said goodbye and she wished me luck in my new home and finally she got back into the car and drove off.

"Well then we better get going I am only taking you as far as your terminal and then you have a direct flight to New York." said Officer Steel in a monotone voice. The officer turned to head off and I followed her as she navigated her way through security and to the terminal. Once at the terminal I met and air hostess who would be in charge of looking after me during my flight. I said a very quick goodbye and thank you to Officer Steel before being taken into the plain by the air hostess whose name was Julie and was quite friendly.

Finally the plane took off and I decided that I had nothing better to do than to plug in my earphones and try to get some sleep on this 7 and a half hour flight. As I drifted off I thought about how my brothers may look and if they were kind or cruel. This was until darkness took over and I drifted off to a peaceful sleep awaiting my arrival of America.

This is my first time ever writing a book and I don't know if it's even good or not so can you please comment and tell me wether you think it's good or not thank u
you. Also full credit to isabelas7 for this idea as she is the original mafia brothers story maker and she inspired me to make this book! Her book is called miss perfect and her brothers. All pictures are not mine they are either from google or Pinterest.