5 | sexism at it's finest

Pulling up to the shopping centre Javier to not so kindly tell me the 'rules' when it came to our shopping trip.

"Stay by me and don't wander off by yourself. No talking to boys and I'll approve of the clothes before you buy them." At the mention of Javier having to approve the clothes that I would buy I wasn't as angry as I thought I was going to be. It was his money after all.

"Right let's go," Javier called out already half out of the car.

I scrambled out of the car after him and jogged to keep up. "So what are we buying," "Clothes, shoes, school stuff and toiletries."

I nodded in response and followed Javier as he directed me towards a clothes shop that looked posh and expensive. "Just grab stuff and try them on, I'll say when you can stop."

Walking over to a rack I started to look through some of the clothes that were available. In the end I had 2 pairs of ripped jeans, 1 pair of mom jeans, around 6 tops, 2 hoodies, 3 jumpers, 2 dresses and a pair of shorts.

Javier was accepting everything until I got to my pair of shorts and a t-shirt that went down to just below my ribs. "No, absolutely not." Javier stated. "What no, what's wrong with them," I protested.

"Well firstly your ass is hanging out of them shorts and the top is too short, you can see you stomach." I gasped now I had another brother to add to my list of sexist men. "No my stomach is just skin, I have never met a boy who has been turned on by a belly button and these shorts aren't even that short."

Javier shot me a glare obviously not impressed by my outburst. "Well I'm the one who has to buy them and I say no so thats final." Sighing in defeat I got changed back into my clothes and put back the crop top and shorts.

"Javier can I go to the toilets," "Yes I'll wait outside of them." Making our ways to the toilets I entered them and decided that it was time to put my plan into action. I quickly pulled off my jumper to reveal my previous white top.

Happy with how I looked I put my jumper in one of the bags I had been carrying. Strolling casually out of the bathroom I made my way towards Javier.

When Javier saw me I swear his eyes nearly popped out of his head. "What the fuck are you wearing," he growled in my ear. "A top and I think it's nice and it's warm today."

"No I don't think so, God knows where you even got this from." Javier then pulled off his hoodie and put it over my head. "What no Javier it's too warm and now I looked like a drowned rat in this."

"Well that's too bad and don't think that I didn't hear you and Shea fighting over this specific top before we left the house." I gulped now I was really in for it when we got home.

"Right then better get moving." Jeez bipolar much.

Javier directed me to a nice shop that sold stationary and school bags. Finally choosing out pens, pencils and much more I settled on a baby blue with white school bag. As I was taking the school bag to show Javier I gasped at the price tag. 67$. All for one school bag.

Turning to put the bag back I felt a hand on mine which led me away from the rack. "Didn't I tell you not to worry about the price," Javier whispered in my ear. "Well I'm sorry but 67$ for a school bag is ridiculous."

Javier chuckled "when you live with us money will never be a problem little Eve."

Continuing on to the till Javier payed first everything in my basket and we walked out of the shop.

"Ah do you need any you know," Javier was obviously embarrassed which I was enjoying so I decided to toy with him. "Do I need any what," "you know like girly stuff." At this point Javier was bright red in the face. "If your referring to pads then no I'm not at that stage yet."