Breath of air

POV- Elias
Beautiful. I could never comprehend till now how someone in such a critical condition could still be so beautiful. Carefully defined bone structure, long wispy eyelashes, plump lips, wavy hair. She was dying and the colour from her body was draining by the second. Yet she was still remarkable to look at. Delicate. Lifeless.

I couldn't give up now. My hands ached across her chest as I pulsated my hands up and down in hopes to get a response any time soon. But I was exhausted. I had been doing CPR for a while now and was loosing faith that the girl would pull through. I chucked my face towards hers as our lips touched. I decided to breathe breaths of air into her mouth to send her oxygen as a final resort. I removed my hands from her chest and placed them defeatedly by my side as I felt my knees sink even deeper into the ground than they already were.

A few moments passed, then out of no where there was a faint *Splutter*, in which water sprayed from her mouth in an instant. I pulled my eyes away from the floor and looked at the girl. Her eyes began to open like a flickering lightbulb.

And that was when she looked at me.

POV- Nylah
A line of droplets trickled their way onto my skin like an annoying leak. Bewildered by echoes of silence.  Confusion-over riding every other emotion as consciousness peaks out at me.

My eyes pricked open like they were being forced to see again. And suddenly the presence of people is just as clear to me now as the absence of them when I was in the depths of the water. Everything from how I got here to what had happened seemed to be a blur. But when thing did seem clear I was alive.

Above me was the leak that annoyed me so much only a minute ago. A boy with drenched brunette hair. Eyes that glistened as my eyes finally met his. A body so perfectly sculpted; that he looked like a Greek god. Everything about this boy was perfect.

His tender hand caressed across my lower back as he helped assist me to sit upright.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked as his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"I.. I think so." I stuttered in response.

"Everything is going to be okay- I promise. The ambulance is on it's way." He appeared overwhelmed; as tears began to form.

"Thank you for saving me." I gently smiled as my eyes struggled to stay open.