Wallet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Y/n POV))

We came all around the market to kill time till the tournament but of course we didn't just waste our time. Cloud tried reading some books in the bookstore and surely he bought one, I was watching him while telling him jokes I just read from one of the books, either way as usual he gave me a stoic face. It's definitely hard to make him laugh but somehow he chucklde after seeing me endure the hotness of one chili pepper we tried out from one of the fast food restaurants.

Only one hour left so we used our remaining hour eating some food and changing into our disguise. Then we finally entered the woods for the tournament. There has been 3 to five signboards leading to the tournament but two sign boards surprised us for sure. It says 'Girls' and the other one says 'Boys' , certainly it doesn't lead to the comfort room. Plus there are two paths and one thick border in the middle separates the two directions.

"I'm guessing they wanted girls to fight girls and boys fight boys" I said crossing my arms with a finger on my chin.

"Yeah " Cloud turned to face me .

"I guess this time I can't protect you.." He said before he looked into the grassy ground before lifting his head up again.

"Remember what we talked about last night" He continued.

"Ofcourse I will protect you" I answered with a short giggle but Cloud still have his serious reaction.

"Goodluck Sun" the last thing he said before running in the other direction, at where the signboard pointed.

This time I'll make sure not disappoint you Cloud.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Cloud's POV))

The dim light reveals a huge stage with all the contestant prepared for battle. I can see how no girls are around. They really did separated us from our partners. Some contestants were talking to each other but I assume none of them plan on giving others lives a spare. Based on what I observed they were pretending to be nice for winning purposes. In this kind of situation I better watch my back. I grab hold of my sword handle just incase.

"Hey" A hand was placed on top of my shoulder

"Hey" A hand was placed on top of my shoulder. I immediately pulled the sword swinging the blade near the persons neck, any minute now I can cut him off but he held his hands upward trying to talk things over.

I recognize this fella. The guy sitting next to me yesterday. He's wearing the same clothes , the same jacket and hoodie on his head.

"Man don't kill me! Not planning to fight against you but instead I would like to offer my assistance"

"Pathetic. What's the point doing that?" I asked as I take away the sword. 

"I entered this tournament with one purpose and that purpose doesn't involve winning" he answered