Chapter 6 : The strange mangaka

3rd POV :

"Hello ?"

"Is anyone here ?"

"...no ?"

The white haired girl sighed, as she finally answered the person on the phone.

"So you actually had the guts to contact me. May I ask how you even got my number ? Or just how you knew it was me ?" She asked coldly.

"Oh come on, Akabane. You already know the answer to that."

"...of course. Anyway, why in the hell did you call ? Our business ended years ago, when I decided to take a step back on assassination." The girl stated. She was definetly not going back on this decision.

"Oh, I just had some... Information on someone who's been acting... Rather naughty. I wonder IF that could interest you..."

"Spill. Now."

"Hehe, aren't you an eager one ?" The other teased.

"This is not a game, Info-chan, this is real life. As much as I hate it, I must take them down before too many lives get destroyed. But you don't care, do you ?"

"No, not really." Info-chan answered.

"Anyway, they're a student at your old school, what a coincidence... Her name is Aishi Ayano. She's an assassin, as you have guessed, and she took two lives as of now."

The white haired girl's red eyes sparkled rage. Her hands formed fists, and she gripped hard until her knuckles were white.

"Anything else ?" Her voice was shaking with anger. Killers disgusted her, mostly because she had been and still was one herself. Except that before she took that step back, she killed innocent people for money. As of today, she had taken a completely other path. She targeted violent murderers, child molesters, pedophiles, so forth.

"She has black hair and wears black stockings. That's about it. Oh, and good luck Yami-"

"DON'T use my first name."

She hung up, her blood boiling. Someone... SOMEONE at Akademi had gotten away with murder TWICE. And Info-chan merely joked and laughed about it. People's lives were at stake and yet she couldn't take it seriously.

"What if... That girl ? What if she's one of the two that died ?"

The red eyed girl shook her head.

"No way... I'm just paranoid and all..."

She smiled, but that smile never quite reached her eyes.

"I don't know you that well but... I will protect you, my dear niece."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akira's POV

Today was a new day. It should be better than yesterday, right ?

Haha. I was sure it would be full of mourning and possibly other deaths.

I was as scared as everyone, and decided to keep away from other people. It could seem strange, since there wouldn't be any witnesses to my murder who could help me if something happened, but I would try to make myself as invisible as I could. If I changed my usual routine, then people might notice me... Besides, the killer would plan their murders accordingly to the students' routines, so changing my routine and getting in their way wasn't really clever. I was a coward, yes, but this was life or death.

Grabbing my bookbag and instrument case, I unlocked my hous door and stepped outside. It was a chilly April morning, and I decided to wear my light pink cardigan. Untiying it from my waist, I put it on, sighing. It was 6:45 AM. I had a lot of time.

I put on my headset and started playing Vocaloid music, as usual. It helped my Japanese get better and it was super cool.

Noticing my fellow club members, I caught up to them, stopping the music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

????????

Finally, I arrived. Akademi Highschool. The place of all my troubles.
The place I wished I'd never come back to.
But I had a mission.
Find the one who made my life hell.
And make them pay the price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Akabane's POV

A killer with black hair and stockings. That was my target. I didn't have a uniform on, so I'd have to sneak to the back of the school and grab the one Info-chan would drop for me.
I was next a wall, the gym teacher behind it. I had to time it just right.
I opened my phone and played a recording of a scream. The I hoped on the wall, waiting for the teacher to go investigate. Checking no one was around, I ran to the right. I remembered there was a maze, I would hide there.

I got the uniform and rushed to the locker room, changing quickly. Of course people didn't know me, but with a uniform I was less suspicious.
That's when I saw her. The only girl here who knew me. I loved to call her my "niece" even though we weren't related.
Ganachi Akira, my childhood friend whom I hadn't seen for years. I couldn't let her see me though, she'd be so surprised and she'd ask too many questions I wouldn't answer. I wasn't even a student...
Focus, Yamiko. If anyone hears about this, they'll call the police and it'll be just like what happens in Life Note.
I had written the manga myself, because I wanted to be just like the protagonist. She was a vigilante. My dream self. I had even given her my first name. I wanted to be as sure and strong as her...
But a Life Note was fictional. If I wanted to kill, I had to dirty my hands. It was fine with me, as long as I was prudent.

I gasped, backing off slowly. Lost in thoughts, I hadn't seen Akira come this way.
Quick, hide behind that shower building. Said my instinct. I hurried over to the hiding spot.

As I was exploring the school while staying away from the pink haired girl, I saw something pretty disturbing. A pool of blood, hidden behind a fan on the rooftop. How strange...
Here is where my mission starts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it took so long... Byeeee