♕ The Story ♕

Known only to the world through rumour and embellished fantasies, the Isle Of Ashenbourne is one no ordinary traveler could hope to find

Known only to the world through rumour and embellished fantasies, the Isle Of Ashenbourne is one no ordinary traveler could hope to find. A beautiful island where time has stood still for centuries, those who enter this magical land do not age, appearing exactly as they did during the time of their arrival. It is a land of immortality, though once a person leaves for good, the spell is broken. Many are surprised to find their names only in records of times long gone, the ominous footnote "Missing, body never recovered" a haunting obituary.

For some, Ashenbourne is a second chance at a life that held little promise, or a way to escape the ordinary. For others, it is an unintended detour, one that changes absolutely everything. Most residents of Ashenbourne live a happy life, though "peaceful" isn't exactly the word to describe it. Behind the exterior of a charming small town, there lurks everything from a seedy underground world where violence and bloodshed are daily occurrences to enchanted forests and waters that are said to be controlled by magical forces that change attitudes with the seasons. 

Ashenbourne is home to all sorts of people, from those who arrive with absolutely nothing to those who were once royalty, choosing eternal exile to execution. Most on the island have learn to adapt to the passage of time, some taking ordinary jobs and choosing to raise a family much like any on Earth, and others embracing the differences they find in themselves once the portal opens. 

Many in Ashenbourne discover new gifts or supernatural abilities--or perhaps the island merely attracts those who've possessed such abilities all along. Some choose the portal to this world on purpose, seeking to escape certain death, capture, or simply needing to start over again. Others end up going on an adventure by pure chance, often torn from a life by a random step in the wrong direction.

 As thousands of years pass, new arrivals bring new updates, belongings, and news of what the world is like. allowing Ashenbourne to keep up with the times even in its ultimate seclusion. Those who are able to master the gift of traveling back to Earth for brief periods of time age quickly, but bring back treasures that seem foreign to many. Those who fail quickly perish in anonymity, never to be heard from again. 

Those who dwell in Ashenbourne follow one unbreakable rule: all are human beings and magic is a myth. To break the masquerade and flaunt anything unusual is to gamble with one's own life and safety. 

In this piece of collaborative fiction, the lost chronicles reveal life, love, heartbreak, and the complex tapestry of those who inhabit Ashenbourne. Join the journey, and step through the portal.  

Portals begin to appear August 7th.