♕ Rules & Expectations ♕

Hello to everyone, and welcome to my second attempt at building an epic world in which characters may frolic

Hello to everyone, and welcome to my second attempt at building an epic world in which characters may frolic. In order to make sure things run smoothly, let's go over what's going to be the same and what will work a bit differently from the last RP!  

* Pre-existing characters from Blood and Ice may transfer over to this story, as long as they're tweaked a bit for the new story. All other OCs must be original. Characters who leave the story or wish their characters to be killed off will continue to exist as part of the story's lore, or with permission, will be NPC-ed by the Storytellers.

* New characters will be created for this brand-new story. Each player may have two characters, but those who were active in Blood And Ice may have three. Activity for two months will earn you another character slot. 

* If you no longer like your character once the story has begun, or simply want a change, you can abandon him/her and create a new character. Please do not do this in the middle of the story without running it by the admins and Storytellers. 

* This game offers no Right To Life. Your character may be killed off in the course of the story, whether for dramatic effect, storyline purposes, or because your character has made in-character choices that would warrant this outcome. In the event this happens, the Storytellers will work with you to ensure the integrity of your character and that he/she is given a memorable death scene that is a chance for your writing skills to shine.

* If your character is killed, you may create another and rejoin the story.

* This is a literate roleplay. RP can be an extremely well-written art form, and that's what I'm looking for here. Posts should be at least three paragraphs of 3-4 sentences each. Would I prefer you take the time to use all 2000 characters? Absolutely. Please take time to craft a story, develop your character, and get into things.

* This is a Mature roleplay. Themes such as death, murder, suicide, sexual assault, pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, and all sorts of complex inter-personal relationships will be a part of this story. If you're under 16 or do not prefer to deal with more Mature content, this may not be the story for you. That being said, these serious and dramatic topics must be handled tastefully and in a way that is in accordance with Wattpad guidelines. If you have questions about whether or not a topic is okay, ask!

* The age of consent on Wattpad is 16. For the purposes of this roleplay, it is 18+. Characters under the age of 18 may exist, but only as NPCs. This means they are referred to in the story but do not have lines, and do not interact. If your character has a child, you may not have someone play that child until he/she is 18. I am *exceptionally* strict about what may happen with NPC characters under the age of 18. HBO may be cool with showing young Bran Stark being pushed out of a window, but it made me cry, so I am not. :)

* Wattpad has certain rules that are somewhat annoying for older writers like myself, but we respect the rules! Swearing is permitted, but must be censored by replacing a letter with an x, an asterisk, or a special symbol. While you can curse a blue streak in a work of fiction, too many "offensive"words in the comment section will cause the book to be reported.

* Smut is not permitted in this book. Erotic scenes and violent scenes are not necessarily smut. Smut is defined as gratuitously graphic depictions of sex, violence, and other mature themes that only exist to titillate the reader. As a descriptive writer, I'll allow a certain amount of leeway with this as long as what you're writing is plot-appropriate and handled tastefully. If it crosses the line, I'll ask you to take it to PM, Discord, or whatever.

* A new chapter is posted every two weeks, unless there is an exceptional circumstance warranting a change. Too many RPs are plagued by lamentably short attention spans. As someone who has played the same character for years before writing a book about her, I don't suffer from attention-span issues. :) Don't be afraid to plan for the long-term with this story.  We'll be here for a while!

* The Storytellers are people who are reading your chains and plotting ways to enhance drama, connect characters, and make sure no one is left out. The more you give us to work with, the more ideas we have! We're not here to destroy or shut down your plot ideas, but to bring them to life in an interesting way and keep the story cohesive. If you have an interesting plot or character twist, please tell me in PM. 

* A Discord channel is a possibility if we gather a good group that is serious about making this RP happen, and people wish to use it for additional RP, socializing, and etcetera. However, many of you may know my main account here is an Engagement Ambassador here, so my primary interest is in keeping activity and interest going on Wattpad. I don't want to see a majority of the story played out on Discord or in PMs. Let's keep the focus on the creation and the storytelling here on Wattpad! 

* Have fun, pay attention to not only your own chains but everyone else's, and keep things interesting! Please remember that nothing here is personal. It's all a work of fiction, and just because my character may be mean to yours, it doesn't mean I dislike you or your writing. Learning to separate the personal from the story in RP can be one of the most difficult lessons, but it's important!