Chapter 16. The Perfect Storm

"Hey! What the hell do you mean putting me in there? How in the freak am I supposed to breathe?"

The crimson eyes of the large, thickly built leech who stood near the freezer door, flashed black. He snarled and hissed at Seth, punching a wide hole through the freezer door with his fist.

"Wow, you're strong," Seth mocked, feigning idolization.

The polite tour guide vamp watched on in amusement. "Its a large freezer, you'll be fine. We'll bring you some comforts like blankets, water, and food." 

Seth glared at him but entered the freezer. He phased, growling low, as they chained the door on the outside. Stupid leech! I wish I didn't have to breathe. It freakin' reeks in here. I've never smelled anything as rotten and disgusting in my whole freakin' life. Seth yelped. Some friendly treatment, huh? Son of a bitch!

Seth! Don't disappear on us again. Sam, he's back.

Can the freezer contain Seth? Sam asked. 

Seth doesn't think so. The hinges are rusty. He saw the door's clear jiggle when the reeking bloodsucker punched a hole in it, for air. It wriggled, and he didn't even notice, because of Seth's mocking. These leeches are dumb asses.

I'm sure they are. That's why they're expendable. Just like the Romanians believe we are. Hold up here, Sam commanded the pack. Jacob, I suggest we charge as soon as Brady's ready and that won't be too long from now. As soon as we can talk to him, we go. They've had Brady and the girls long enough. 

Jacob agreed. We'll need to split up and some of us must get around to the opposite side of the rest of us, scale the smaller buildings, and go in through the windows. The rest of us will try to get them to come to us. Seth said sixteen, and that includes the three bloodsuckers who stayed behind at the pick-up site.

Once Brady is clear, he might be able to confirm the numbers. It's possible he witnessed others during his moments awake, Sam barked.

Jake, we know they'll smell us once we get close. We can make that work to our advantage, Embry offered.

He's right. Quil elaborated, we use our own scents along with the wind as the diversion to make them come to us. Whatever way we go in, will depend on which way the wind is blowing. We want them to know we're coming.

That's true. Sam, if we create enough noise while they smell us, hopefully, they will come out to meet us. Maybe. But we still must have whoever is going in through those windows close enough to defend the girls if someone attempts to get at them once they know we're here.

Brady and Seth are already inside. If need be, they could attack from within when necessary, Sam thought, If Brady's cage is as weak as Seth thinks it is, Brady should be able to breakout before they can sedate him again. He'll be strong enough this time. Still, whoever goes in through those windows must get in there fast enough to help Brady and Seth.

Anything else we haven't considered yet? Jacob asked his pack.

Sam did the same.

Jacob, I'm the fastest. I'll go through the window, Leah volunteered. Nothing will stop me from getting into that room on time.

Okay, Leah's one. Who else, Sam? Jacob raked his eyes over Sam's pack.

Sam focused on Paul and Jared. Leah's going through a window. I know how bad you both want in that building, but I could really use one of you out front with us.