Chapter 4

"Hey, Dr. Strange." Peter groaned while looking up at a very unhappy wizard. "How's your day been going?"

Peter mentally slapped himself, why did he ask that?

"Well, my day was fine until you contacted me, Mr. Parker. This raises the question as to why and how you managed to contact me."

"Oh! I think I can answer that. So, uh, I think I time-traveled," Peter exclaimed. Dr. Strange's eyebrows raise into his hairline.

"What?"

Peter then goes on to explain his day about how he found out he was in 2016. The pair had eventually moved to two chairs in the corner of the room.

"So let me get this straight." Dr. Strange began with his hand on his forehead. "You time-traveled back in time and you have no idea how to go back to your time. That's why you've come to me?"

"Pretty much," Peter said swinging his legs in the chair.

"I don't know what to tell you, kid. You shouldn't be able to time-travel without the time stone and you said doesn't exist anymore."

"There has to be a reason," Peter sighed. Then, Peter had an idea. "Dr. Strange, if you have the time stone couldn't you see forward in time to when I got sucked back into time? Then you could see why I'm here?"

"That's not a half-bad idea. Give me your arm, kid. I need to look at your future and no one else's," Dr. Strange instructed. Peter gave his arm to Strange. "This will feel a little weird."

Suddenly Peter's life flashed through his eyes. The vulture, the ferry, the warehouse falling on him, Thanos, space, getting dusted, Strange telling him it's been five years, hugging Tony, Tony dying, meeting Beck, giving Beck EDITH, the drones in London, his identity being revealed.

He was suddenly shocked back into the present, well, his past. He was so startled by reliving some of his worst moments he fell out of his chair.

Dr. Strange seemed shocked too. Peter couldn't blame him, the future was kinda shitty.

"I think I know why you're here." Dr. Strange said after a minute.

"You do?"

"Yes. when you were on Titan, your Dr. Strange said there was only one timeline where you win. I think you are the main part of making sure Thanos never happens."

"Wait, what are you saying?" Peter finally asks.

"You are meant to be here. The timeline where we win was having you go back in time to help stop Thanos and all the other crappy things like that guy with the fishbowl on his head."

"You mean Mysterio?" Peter asked

"Yes."

"But why me Strange?"

"Well you have the best moral compass, you can lead well and you're more mature than most people," Dr. Strange said. "The reason you're just going back now is that your Strange wanted you to be as reliable as possible and after Beck, I'm assuming you became a better hero. When your identity was revealed it was the most perfect time to pull you back to 2016."

"Okay, but what about my age? I'm not 14 clearly. Is that going to be a problem moving forward once the timeline is fixed?"

"From what I've gathered once the timeline is fixed, you will go back to being your proper age in the timeline. You will keep all your memories, you will just be the right age for the year."

"Oh, well I guess that makes sense." Peter had no idea what Strange meant.

"Well, Mr. Parker it appears you have some work to do. I'm going to send you to Stark wherever he is. When I opened the portal for you at the airport I left a note saying you were fine and you'd appear eventually." Strange says as he realizes Peter has been here for hours.

"Wait, do I tell people about the future?" Peter asked.

"Why do you think you're here Parker?"

"Oh, right," Peter said sheepishly.

"Right, through the portal is Stark you can talk to him about the future and get the ball rolling. Good luck kid. Buh bye." Dr. Strange then opened a portal underneath Peter's feet. Peter let out a startled yelp as he fell on cold concrete.

Ouch. Where the hell was he now? Peter slowly got up and looked around.

There was lots of snow. That doesn't help him. Didn't Strange say he'd take him to Tony?

Peter here's a quiet wince that wouldn't have been heard by normal human ears but Peter heard it.

Peter crawls along the floor until he comes to a small drop. There's a metal ladder in the concrete wall and pillars in front of him. But all Peter was looking at was Tony stark. There was a crack in his arc reactor that Peter knew was done by Captain America. Now, Peter knew where he was.

Siberia.