Chapter 15

Epilogue

"Hey kid," Tony said, standing in Peter's bedroom doorway in the lake house. Over the past two years, a lot of things have changed. Tony had married Pepper a couple of months after Peter and Tony took down Vulture.

A few months after that, Pepper got pregnant and Tony decided that they would move out of the Avengers compound and into a lake house, it was the same one that Pepper and Tony lived in before. Peter had his own room at the lake house across from Pepper and Tony's room. When Morgan was born, the whole house got even brighter. She had immediately taken a liking to Peter- of course, she loved her parents but she adored her older brother.

Peter gave Tony a happy smile. "Hey, Dad, what's that?" Peter asked looking down at Tony's hand which held a large brown paper bag. Tony glanced down at the bag and then back up to Peter.

"Well you're seventeen now, I figured I should give this back," Tony said, handing the bag over. Peter scrunched his eyebrows together and opened the bag. It was the suit Peter had made in 2023 to fight Beck.

"It should fit you now, metaphorically it always did but now that you are bigger it will fit you," Tony said walking over to Peter's bed and sitting down. Peter gave a soft smile and pulled the suit out.

"I haven't seen this in ages. I can't wait to wear it again," Peter said, holding the suit at arm's length.

"Well Ted and MK are over for dinner but after that, we can drop them off and patrol around New York for a while," Tony said casually.

"Really?" Peter said excitedly. Tony smiled warmly.

"I could never say no to your puppy eyes, kid." Peter hugged Tony tightly which Tony happily returned. From the other room Tony and Peter heard Morgan crying, Tony sighed and got up from the bed.

"One and a half-year-olds, am I right? Always with the crying. So dramatic," Tony said humorously.

"Gets it from her dad." Peter shot back. Tony gave a mock insulted look.

"For that comment, I'm banishing you downstairs to help Pepper and May cook while I get all the Morgan time," Tony said. Peter made a pouty face but smiled when Tony went down and ruffled his hair.

Peter finished setting the table and went to sit down next to MJ and Ned who were chilling on the couches. MJ leaned into Peter's side while Ned gave Peter a cherry grin.

"It's so awesome that we get to have dinner with the literal Tony Stark." Ned said happily.

"You say that every time you're here," MJ noted.

"Well, I can't help it!" Ned squawked indignantly. Peter and MJ and chuckled at Ned who was pulling a bad attempt at a pouty face.

"Dinner!" May called from the kitchen. The trio raised off their chairs simultaneously and scrambled their way to the kitchen.

The dinner was amazing as usual. They were now all sitting at the table talking to one another joyfully.

"When Peter had just gotten his powers he swung into a billboard," MJ said mischievously. Peter squawked with shock.

"MJ I told you to never tell anyone!" Peter exclaimed.

"Speaking of swinging, Peter and I are going to go and patrol around New York after we drop Ted and MK off," Tony said, taking a sip of water from his glass.

"That's lovely! How long will you two be out?" Pepper said cheerfully. Tony shrugged.

"We won't stay out too late but we won't be in too early," Tony said mysteriously. May rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry Pep, if you need help with Morgan I'm here," May said looking at Pepper. Pepper smiled brightly.

"Speaking of dropping us off, we should do that soon. I need to be home soon." MJ said from across the table. Ned nodded along with her.

"Okay then, you two get ready. Peter go put on your suit." Tony said, rising from his chair. Peter hopped off his chair excitedly and ran off upstairs. A few minutes later Peter came down wearing his full Spider-Man suit and mask. MJ was the first to see Peter and she softly gasped- recognizing the suit. Ned heard her gasp and turned to see Peter.

"Awsome a new suit!" Ned exclaimed.

"Actually this suit is the suit I made in 2023, It hasn't fit me for a while," Peter said looking over himself.

"Looks good," MJ said walking over to Peter. Peter pulled his mask off to stare into MJ's eyes. MJ smiled and pecked him on the lips. "Let's go loser, Tony is waiting for us in the car."

The car ride was full of Disney sing-alongs much to Tony's dismay. Once they got to New York Tony dropped them off at Midtown for them to walk home the rest of the way. Tony drove to an abandoned parking lot and got out of the car, Peter followed in suit. By the time Peter had gotten himself out of the car Tony was already decked in his full Iron-Man armor.

Peter pulled on his mask and stood next to Tony.

"Watch this kid." Tony waved his hand at the car. To Peter's surprise, the car started to drive away. "Self-driving car, pretty cool right? Anyways you can fly home on my back it's much quicker that way."

Peter nodded, excited to start patrolling. Peter gave a cheeky grin even though Tony couldn't see it.

Peter webbed up to the nearest building, surprising Tony.

"Race you to Delamar's!" Peter shouted behind him. Tony started to fly at full speed in order to chase Peter. Tony ended up winning much to Peter's dislike but didn't actually take it to heart. Over the course of their patrol, they had stopped a handful of petty crimes.

They both found themselves sitting on top of a building watching the sunset.

"Are you happy with how things turned out? Do you have any regrets?" Tony asked. Peter stared at the New York skyline.

"I'm so happy, dad. I have no regrets. What about you? Do you wish you could change things?" Peter asked, looking over at Tony. Tony shook his head sternly.

"Not even in the slightest. I have Morgan, Pepper and you Peter. I'm just so lucky." Tony said emotionally. "Thank you," Tony said softly. Peter scrunched his eyebrows together.

"For what?" Peter asked.

"Creating a better future for us," Tony responded. Peter gave a heartwarming smile and cuddled into Tony's side. They watched the sunset together and watched as the few stars that New York offered appeared in the sky. Both stayed close together so happy they finally found peace.