Chapter One

MIKALA'S POV

RING!
I waited for a moment.
RING!
"Ugh." I complained as my alarm clock ringed. I looked over at the clock. 4:00! No way! To early...! I thought. I got a new job yesterday and they start SO EARLY. To early for my liking, but I had to go if I wanted to fund my mom's lease on our apartment, get new clothes, and get us food. I got out of bed and looked at my mirror, and at myself."This might take a while." I concluded. So I got out of bed and undressed, wrapping up in a towel."Shower, hair, teeth, clothes, breakfast." I counted on my fingers what I had to do before five-AM. I turned on the shower and waited until the cold water was replaced with hot -but not burning- water. I felt the water again and nodded. Perfect. I unwrapped my towel and got in. I washed my hair, and body, and even shaved. I got out and dried off, I wrapped up again, and put my hair in a hair towel and got in my clothes. A nice black dress, the long black skirt had white stripes in rows after each other. I turned around in the mirror, analyzing how my dress looked. I nodded to myself, and took down my hair towel, my brown hair with light blond high-lights cascaded down to my waist, and I let it stay there. After another quick look, I combed and brushed my hair, and put on my glasses. I didn't need glasses, but I liked them and they helped, so I kept wearing them. I pulled two wavy hairs down to frame my face. I went to the bathroom sink and turned on the faucet so that the water ran in my sink. I took of my glasses, and I cupped my hands and let the water pool in them, and splashed the water on my face, refreshing, and awakening. I got my tooth brush from the drawer and squeezed the toothpaste on the brush, the mint tingling my nostrils, in a sensational but weird smell. I let the water from the faucet run on my toothbrush and turned off the water. I didn't want our water bills to go up in payment. We lived in an apartment complex and we don't have as much money as we used to. I got back to focusing on my routine and put the toothbrush in my mouth, making tiny circles on my teeth. Cleaning each one. After I did that I put on my glasses, picked up my phone,-which was a iPhone 8- and put it in my leather bag. I walked out of the door, trying not to wake my little sister, Sydney, and also my mother. I went into the kitchen to make breakfast to eat. I got out a bowl and poured the Cheerios cereal into my bowl, I went to the refrigerator and got out a jug of milk and poured it into my cereal bowl as well. I went to a drawer and got out a spoon, sitting down at the table right after. I ate quickly and checked my phone for any messages, or emails. Nothing. I nodded and walked towards our door, unlocking it. I stepped outside into the hallway and locked the door with my key. I silently walked down the hallway and paused every few steps, not wanting to wake my neighbors, whether I hated them or not. I arrived at the top of the flights of stairs, and started to descend down the stairs. I arrived on the first floor and jogged towards the doors that sat in the middle of the front wall, with very dirty - No one almost ever cleaned them - floor to ceiling windows on each side. I ran towards the doors and pushed them open, the fresh air hitting my face with an unsettling, yet refreshing, feeling. I speed-walked to the bus stop, not wanting to miss my ticket to making a good impression for work. I jogged to the bus stop just at, Five'o'Five, and to my luck it was pulling away. Great... Missed the bus on my first day... Oh God, help me... "WAIT! OH WAIT! Please!" I yelled as I sprinted after the bus, my hear pounding, breath in gasps, mind frantic. I knew the driver couldn't hear me. If only they knew that this WAS MY FIRST DAY ON THE JOB. My mind wasn't paying any attention to where I was going, because it was so frantic and focused on my thoughts.
WHAM!

ALEX'S   POV

WHAM!
"What the-?"
I felt something slam into my chest, well, some one. I looked down to see a teenage girl. -probably a few years younger then me- She was beautiful. She was tall, her brown and blonde hair casting down to her waist. Then, she looked up at me, moving her face from my chest."Oh!" She said with surprise. Then I looked at her eyes, they were stunning! They were a mix of and icy blue, a gray, and a silver-blue filling in any space. They pulled me in, like a magnet, almost mesmerizing me, but dang! She was beautiful! With her long hair, and the pieces that framed her face."Uh... sorry..." she said, pulling me from my reverie."It's fine." I say, inhaling sharply because of her striking beauty. DANGIT! Say something! I scold myself."Well, very sorry, sir, for crashing into, uh, you..." I kept staring at her, her eyes, her hydrated and plump lips. There was something about her that made her so much different than all the other women. She surely stands out, with her black and white dress, and antique looking bag. But what made her so different, was her natural look, no makeup or fake eyelashes, or bottled hair coloring. Or how most woman like to attract men with skimpy skirts, and flashy shirts, but while this girl wore a long dress that covered her legs. She didn't try to impress men, but I'm sure she does even without trying! She was just so, different."I'm just gonna... uh... Go..." her voice shook my thoughts as she pushed off my chest and started to walk away."No!" I started. She turned to me wide eyed,"Excuse me?" I looked around and panicked for a moment, but tried to cover my likening for her with some anger, and annoyance, and buried the liking deep in my mind out of on-the-moment-embarrassment."What do you think I Said?" I asked harshly. She looked at me with some pain in her expression, but now I didn't want her to find out, about how I randomly like her."Are deaf or what! What do you think I said?" I yelled, my voice raising in volume."N.... nothing...sir..."she said, her face a mix of pain, anger, and fear. She quickly turned away from me, and then she turned back around, glaring at me. But then when I glared back with a ferocious glare, she pivoted on her heels and jogged back to the bus stop until she reached the bench. I saw her sit down and stare at something, I noticed it was a phone. She held it to her ear and I then looked away. I walked down the street to my car, past the bus stop. I looked at a watch on my arm. Five ten. I thought, and got my car keys out of my pocket and walked a few steps forward until my car was in front of me, I pressed a button on the keys and got in the car. I drove as fast as I could without breaking the speed limit, and then after a few minutes I picked up my phone, and quickly dialed a number. I held it to my ear, the other line picked up."Hello, Mr. Louis, didn't you know that, The work meeting is in five minutes!" A man said harshly on the other line. I kept my eyes on the road," I ran into a woman at the bus stop at five'o'five... It escalated pretty quickly." I said, giving my answer to my client, and fellow billionaire, Mike Robertson."Who was she? My new assistant is late..." Mike said."Uhm, I didn't ask her, but she had blue eyes, glasses, and brown hair..." I answered my client, even though I could say so many more things about her beauty. I pushed my thoughts away and focused, I was almost to Mike's office in Manhattan, New York, so I didn't need any slip ups now."That's her..." said Mike. I could hear him writing on papers, and gritting his teeth."Well, she was a real brat." I said into the phone. Mike didn't answer the phone for a moment."Well, just what I need." He concluded, and then added with an edge to his voice,"Goodbye, Mr.Louis, don't be late or you'll be blowing this offer." Mike hung up the phone and I abruptly put it down. Great, I'll be seeing that girl again... I thought angrily and continued to drive my car to Mike Robertson's office. Great...