(11) Flames

🚨Here we go: the official beginning of the intense chapters👊😎🚨

Reader POV

"(y/n)."

I flinched when I heard my name. I turned around and saw Atsumu frowning. "Atsumu."

"Why didn't you wait for me after school?"

"I'm meeting with my friend, remember?"

He clenched his fist. "Who are they?"

"Does it matter?" I said.

"Yes, it fucking does."

I gave Atsumu a bored look. "I can hang out with whoever I want. You can't restrict me from doing so."

"Tch." He reached over to grab my wrist, but I wouldn't let him. "Come on, (y/n). Let's fucking go."

I shook my head. "What's wrong with you, Atsumu? Ever since the game last week, you've been weird. I don't like it. Are you still pissed that you lost?"

"Nothing, just my girlfriend not willing to listen to me."

I sighed. "Are you still jealous?"

He bit his lip and nodded, his face red.

"Well, get over it." I adjusted my bag and continued to walk to the meetup place with Hikoya. "It's childish. You know Hikoya and I are just friends."

Besides, Hikoya likes your brother.

I left Atsumu where he was and walked into the cafe and shut off my phone.

Hikoya and I would meet up since he had trouble speaking to Osamu without stuttering.

Let's just say I was giving the poor boy pointers.

「宮侑」

It was the middle of the night when I felt Rintarou shaking me awake.

"(y/n)!!" His voice was frantic. "Get up!!"

I opened my eyes and smelled it before I could see it. "What the fuck is with all the smoke?!"

Rintarou searched my room for a blanket to cover ourselves in. "Go open the window. There's a fire in our house and the fire department is here."

In the hazy smoke, Rintarou helped me get out, making sure I was holding the cat in my arms before following me.

The people at the fire department helped me down the ladder and Rintarou followed me.

My cousin shielded me from the burning house a safe distance away on Skyin's lawn.

We stood like that for what seemed like hours as the department tried to save the house, but it was useless. They at least were able to prevent the large fire from spreading to the other houses.