Just Ordinary (Part1)

Chapter 1

 Six months ago.....
(June...)

I was a short girl with skin the color of toffee, and large jet black hair. Eyes as big as a doe but the color was a rich brown with a hint of honey. I was average build, I looked innocent, maybe even a bit too innocent. It was summer vacation and I had just finished my first year of college and had decided to come home. Being as I was grown and could take care of myself I had decided to get a job for the summer much to my families dismay, I was the baby and as the baby I had to be sheltered it was already a big issue that I had decided to go to college in the city but I wanted to go somewhere else. I wanted to break free and breaking free is what I would do... slowly but surely.... Okay so maybe the closest I've gotten to breaking free was in my dreams of becoming rich and famous... when I was 10. My family was a bit uptight but coming from a family where the men were nothing but dedicated to "Serving" this country what could you expect from them.   

 I sat up in bed on a Tuesday morning most people say that Monday is the worst but I personally disagree Tuesday and Wednesday, they are two unnecessary 48 hours As I quickly showered and dressed for work, then made my way down stairs to the kitchen to make me a quick breakfast. I lived at home for now with my brother and father. My mother left us when I was eight years old i never really felt a way about it but I think she left the same reason I would. if my father acted the same way with my mom that he does with me  then i'm sure he suffocated her and so she left. at least that's how i see it .

 I started to daydream what my mothers new life may be like, was she married? do i have siblings? is she... dead? i jumped as my toast popped up from the toaster. i grabbed my breakfast making my way to the dinning room to see my dad enjoy his breakfast as well 

"Good morning daddy" I said while pulling out a chair and kissing his cheek as he read the newspaper..

 "Good morning sweetheart how are you this morning? Any plans for the day" he said setting the paper down and looking up at me over his reading glasses." My father was middle aged with salt and pepper hair full beard strong build very handsome and authoritative 

"No not really I have a shift soon but I shouldn't be home to late tonight no later than 7 or 7:30" I said buttering my toast.

"Why do you insist of working that petty job when you could be the secretary at the office or something" he says standing up and putting on his work jacket. My father is a criminal attorney one of the biggest in this small town we live in we're not rich up to the yayo like some people would expect but we are on the very well off side especially in this town.

"Because daddy that would mean putting your secretary out of work and I don't even like being in your stuffy work office anyways its boring, and I happy with my part time job it's not permanent just recreational.

"Whatever you say sweetheart, I'll see you back home for dinner?"

"Yes daddy"

"Okay, I'm gone"

            Once he finally left I had made my way into the kitchen to clean up my small mess but was distracted by the jingling of keys in the door.

"SOPHIA!" came my brothers voice from the front area of the house I  rolled my eyes bracing myself for the lecture to come my brother had become a police officer in the past couple of years taking after my grandfather. Are you starting to see the trend of serving this country I was talking about?

"Yes joseph?" I slightly shouted back.

"Are you ready? I need to get going I'm already running late." He stated in a slightly irritated tone