17

- Belva -

The talk Faith and I had seemed really skeptical but I still trusted whatever she told me. It has been about a couple of weeks since Jacob, Payton and I last talk. For a good reason, I've been feeling much better than before. I wonder how they're doing.

"Come on birthday girl, it's your day. What do you want to do? Or maybe.. where do you want to go?" Jackson begged as he lightly nudged me.

Right, I've never told you my birthday. My bad... hehe..

"I don't feel like celebrating it though."

"We understand but we're all still going to be buying you a gift. No excuses," Dylan sighed.

I looked up smiling at my guy best friends and nodded. They both gave me a quick hug then walked out of my room. I let out a loud sigh before letting my thoughts take over me.

This is my first time not having my parents with me on my special day. I know Mrs. Moormeier and my friends are here with me but it won't feel or be the same at all. If my parents were here right now, they wouldn't want me to be sad on any occasions.

You know what? I will cheer up and celebrate. It isn't called a "Sweet 16" for no reason right? Yeah. I went to change into a whole different outfit. It was a red sleeveless satin dress with a slit.

I paired it with a pair of small silver earrings, rings, bracelet, handbag and ankle strap glitter chunky heels.

My phone began to vibrate on my nightstand but I wasn't quick enough to answer it

My phone began to vibrate on my nightstand but I wasn't quick enough to answer it. The miss call was from Ashton. We've been contacting each other for a while now. He gives off a vibe that is similar to Parker's.

Speaking of Parker, I haven't seen him that often anymore. If he's avoiding me, I completely understand. Since he is closer to Jacob than anyone else. As far I can tell. Anyways, I called Ashton back and he immediately picked up.

"Hey, I apologize for the miss call. Wassup?"

"It's fine. But I just wanted to tell you happy birthday! How come you've never told me it was today?" Ashton questioned, with sadness in his voice.

"I thought Faith told you and Jafari."

"Maybe she forgot... Any who, what are you going to be doing on your special day," Ashton asked.

"I was going to message all of my friends about it since I know they're out somewhere buying me gifts... So I'm just in my room."

"Speaking of gifts... you just remind me that I need to get you one as well. I'll see you later. Bye now Belva!" Ashton babbled, already hanging up.

I didn't even get the chance to say bye back! Eh, I'll see him in a couple of hours. No worries there. Now what was something I was going to do again? Right. I texted all of my friends that I changed my mind about not celebrating my birthday.

They were all excited and are rushing to come get me. Since that might take awhile, I went downstairs to eat some snacks out of boredom. Even though my friends will probably take me out to lunch... What was I supposed to do while I waited?

Moving on, I was trying to reach for my favorite mug but someone placed it up at the very top. I groaned in frustration and was debating with myself. I should jump, stand on the clean counter where it'll show my food prints or grab a heavy chair?

I gave up on tippy toeing and tried jumping. That didn't help at all so I sat on the counter then stood on it. Huh. That wasn't so bad. I grabbed what I wanted along with closing the cabinet.

I was stumbling trying to catch my balance but I slipped. My mug fell out of my hand and broke into pieces. My arm landed on a few of them as my body was facing down. I winced in pain but managed to get up to grab a broom to clean the mess up.

My arm was still bleeding as I tried to find the first aid kit.

"I've got it. Let me see that."

I turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"Payton, I can do it mysel-"

"I'm not giving you this, so let me just help take care of your arm." Payton sighed, patting the spot next to him.

I rolled my eyes at him and sat down giving him my arm looking away from him. My breath hitched when he took a glass out.

"Quit moving will you?"

"Well I can't, okay?... it really hurts," I mumbled that last part.

I felt my head being turned and Payton looked me in the eyes. They were filled with concern.

"You'll be fine.." He promised, letting go of my chin and went back to cleaning up my injury.

I was slowly admiring him. Why? You ask me. What is it about him?

"Alrighty. Make sure to be..careful.. next..time.." Payton advised, looking up at my eyes.

"Oh uh erm.. yeah thanks." I nervously laughed, getting up.

"Um it's no big deal." Payton said, moving side to side and having his hands in his pockets.

He nodded turning to walk away but I was about to stop him until I heard a car beeping. That's my cue! Wait, what am I going to tell everyone about my arm? Eh, I'll just make up an excuse on the way there... or maybe try to hide it?

Pfftt, who am I kidding? They notice everything. I mean.. literally. How though? Ugh whatever. I've got a birthday to celebrate. I'm anxious but eager at the same time. That's normal right? Okie.

"Hey Belva! You look..divine," Ashton commented.

"Ohh hi Ashton! Thanks!! I didn't know these three picked you and Jafari up?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise. Ta da!!" Jafari chuckled, doing jazz hands.

"Ooohhhkkaaay enough with the chit chat, let's take the birthday girl out now!" Faith giggled.

This party animal is about to come out any second now...