Son of Sun

Will this last my entire life?

Will no one will acknowledge me based on my talents and skills?

Will I be devoid of every deserving right?

Will everything be taken away from me just because of my birth?

I had the bow; I had the means; I had the skills. I won. I was worthy.

...I am worthy.

The resting water came to my knees. The only ripples in it were those that I created just by standing.

For Once I thought, This time.........

Maybe this time will be different. This time they will base the recognition of skills, not birth. This time my worth will shine....

Was I too selfish? Was it too much to ask for, just once.......

Just once...... Something, some things........ someone for me.

But still the earth rejected me, Panchali rejected me. They both only saw me for what I was born with, not what I had. What I have become.

Is this fate? Is this how my every moment of life will be?

Longing for something....... for someone and denied every single time? Sometimes, the right to even try?

Is this how it will be? If it is, then I better stop. This scorching agony has become unbearable now. If my life is just a constant pain, a burden, a hindering headache to everyone then maybe I am the one who's wrong.

I should be the one to pay, not the others. Not my people. Not because of me. I better end it.

No more pain....... No more suffering....... No more longing......

I manifested a divine dagger within my hand, moved it closer to my throat. There was no armor there. And if I was quick and precise enough, then even my healing can't save me. Not till I bled out, at least. It would end with one strike. Though killing yourself was not something I had done. Was I even capable of that. The snake designed dagger was poisonous too. A coward's way to die, I know, but I didn't want to leave anything to chance. Heat swelled inside me, around me. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead as they tricked down, soaked by the brows. What If I lived? How will I endure the pain, the blood gushing out; the throat slaughtered, unable to even speak? And how would I explain it to the others if they asked? I didn't want to experience any of that. The knife in my neck, the cutting veins and drowning in water, red by my own blood. The same water boiled, steaming arround me. Even worse was the tiny chance of what if I didn't die? The mere thought shuddered me. No, it can't happen like that. It has to be a complete swoop. One deep slice, that's all it takes. The armor came on glowing gold. It knew something was wrong. Something that it can't control. Something it can't protect me from. Funny, how my hands- a Warrior's hands trembled when I lifted the dagger up. I should be brave, I should be devoid of fear, right?

The quirking fang dagger was only a few inches away when he spoke.

"Stop, son!"

A voice, a heavenly echoing voice. My armor which was glowing a moment ago lost its brightness, it's tension. Though it was still on.

looked back, left, right

No one was there.........

"Where are you looking, Son?"

I looked up.

Someone pulled a chariot only a few meters above me. They pulled it by Seven Horses. All of which were on a standstill, standing on - air? The chariot was all white, like the divine horses. But it didn't have any wheels. It was still in the space, as if it was hovering. The chariot shone so brightly that it made difficult for anyone to see the one riding it. I felt an instant attraction towards it. It was calling me. My materialized armor had never moved an inch from my body, but now had started slowly vibrating. As if it wanted to leave me for the man above. My skin held to me for years, grown with me since childhood, now wanted to betray for him. Who is he?